Post Cruise Car Rental ?'s (FLL)

jbrentf

Arriving back at Port Everglades, we have a late flight back on a Sunday from FLL and wanted to be picked up from the cruise terminal to rent a car - some ?'s for those who have done this...

Where do the car rental companies pick you up?

Are you in essence renting from the airport (FLL)?

What car rental companies have a shuttle?

thanks so much for your help.

We just did this at the end of August. Upon our return to FLL on Sunday morning we decided to get a car for the day and explore parts of the area we hadn't yet seen. Called Budget on 17th St from the ship, they came and picked us up right outside the building where you get your luggage, took us to their 17th St office. We got our car, did our exploring then returned it to the airport location around 4 PM. All very easy and no hassle at all. It cost about $42 total but I think it depends on the time of year. Another bonus was the empty airport. At that time of day it was almost empty and not the usual mob scene that ensues when cruise ships are scheduled. We would do this again in a heartbeat. Good luck!

That's exactly what I did - a week ago actually...

Got off the ship at around 8:45am. Then I took the car rental shuttle bus to FLL's car rental place/garage (the Princess/dock people can direct you to it) and walked up to Avis for a car. I first went to a Starbucks for a coffee and cought up with emails. Then I drove to Miami for a late and long lunch with a friend and his family, hung out at his house watching some Football, returned to FT. Lauderdale to drop another friend's present off and then headed back to the airport for my 7:10pm flight.

It was a terrific way to extend my vacation a bit and to also get two or three things done stateside which would be more difficult for me to do from here in Puerto Rico.

The shuttle bus is the same type that runs around FLL airport and EXCLUDES Thrifty.

Archived