Lauderdale Review

Trekker954

To the person (I can't find the thread) and others who wanted to know about diving in Lauderdale. My daughter dove with ProDive in Lauderdale. We arrived a day b/f our cruise. My friend picked us up at the airport at 11 and we checked into ProDive at noon, then had lunch (in the rain) at Coconuts which is attached to ProDive, looking over the water where they are docked). Great pinacoladas for my friend and I. My daughter, of course, didn't drink b/f her dive. Although she had many dives in the VA quarry's this was her first ocean dive. The weather was bad and the sea was rough and needless to say, she got seasick and the staff were extremely attentive to her needs. The boat was had about 20 divers. She did a two tank dive (as soon as you get in the water, you aren't sick anymore). She ranked that her best dive of all three dives she did that week. She reported the staff the best, the fish were the most colorful in FL and the dive more interesting (even in yucky weather). She did enjoy all her dives (Cozumel, although reported the ship excursion unorganized) and Belize was good b/c see saw stingrays and sea turltes. She was lucky enough to hook up with a group of divemasters on the crusie and they asked her to dive with their group as they were short a diver.

Archived