Triumph Review - 9/22 Sailing - Sort of Long...

neatokimmo

It really sounded like there was an anchor outside our room but yours is on the opposite side so I don't know if you will have the same experience. The dining room was directly above us and we couldn't hear it at all. You can hear your neighbors shower and flush but I don't know if that was because of the room or because I just hadn't noticed it before.

While standing the motion was like a vibration in your feet. When you lay in bed it does rock you some. We swung the heads of the beds against the windows so we'd rock head to toe instead of side to side.

I hope that helps!

I have cabin 2445 booked for my November cruise. Can you tell me more about the cabin noise and motion please. Thanks.

When compared to the other 2 cruises I took this year with Carnival, the Triumph's dining room didn't compare. Of course it totally depends on who is cooking, how much of that dish was ordered yada ya. But on this particular trip, Lido was better for the things I like to eat.

I ordered Lamb (overcooked, oversalted, plated wrong), duck (overcooked big time), the short ribs (which was just pot roast, very fatty pot roast), red snapper (plated wrong which made the fish soggy), the lobster (which was a maine lobster tail, about 4 inches long and 4 huge grilled shrimp, this dish was very good) and a neptune platter which was fine, afterall it's just fried fish. I double dipped on formal night (duck and lobster) and skipped one night because I wasn't hungry.

Now if you'd like to see some good food I'll post my dining room pictures from the Legend. YUM!

Good review. Great photos - a lot of the photos look just like the ones we took.

I would disagree on the food though. I much prefered the dining room over the Lido deck buffet. Most of the dining room food was very good - maybe not gourmet great, but still very good. Just remember, when you are feeding 2500 people, it is more banquet food than gourmet food. And if you didn't care for a dish, just ask for something else. I think it feels much more special to have a wait staff at dinner time in a nice environment than just to go through another buffet line. I am a meat eater and I give high marks to the filet and the prime rib. If you like your meat medium rare, then order it rare because they do cook it longer. The only meat dish that I didn't care for was the short ribs. Also, unlike some other postings, I thought the desserts were all very good.

My wife and I loved the cruise.

I thought Brad was great and think he's the best CD I've had on a cruise. He was funny without being annoying and he was very approachable. He was also involved in a lot of things, I saw him all over the ship.

Someone posted the Triumph capers a little bit ago and it wasn't any different. Does anyone still have that link?

Can you please tell me info on the new CD- Brad? How is he? Do you have a copy of the Capers? I will be sailing on 10/13. Thanks, Eric

Hi, on the other side (is that 2445?) both beds are on the floor. I saw them when we ended up on the wrong side the first time we went to our room, all the cabin doors were still open from cleaning.

Thanks for the review. I will be in the same room on the other side. Thanks for verifying the second bed is in the ceiling and not on the floor as it is on other ships,

It really sounded like there was an anchor outside our room but yours is on the opposite side so I don't know if you will have the same experience. The dining room was directly above us and we couldn't hear it at all. You can hear your neighbors shower and flush but I don't know if that was because of the room or because I just hadn't noticed it before.

While standing the motion was like a vibration in your feet. When you lay in bed it does rock you some. We swung the heads of the beds against the windows so we'd rock head to toe instead of side to side.

I hope that helps!

Helps a lot. Thanks. I actually like the side to side rocking so that will be fine with me. I thought the anchor was at the front of the ship, that's one of the reasons I moved to the back. Oh well, whatever it is, I'll deal with it. I'm certainly not going to change cabins now.

I thought Brad was great and think he's the best CD I've had on a cruise. He was funny without being annoying and he was very approachable. He was also involved in a lot of things, I saw him all over the ship.

Someone posted the Triumph capers a little bit ago and it wasn't any different. Does anyone still have that link?

I was emailed pdf copies of a current set of Capers. I can forward them if anyone wants them. Email me at jpg1747@aol.com

Archived