Yes, it's another request for beach info :)

Alabama Alan

My wife and I visited Mr. Sanchos last year with friends and had a great time.

All we wanted to do was relax and it certainly fit the bill, and the service was excellent!

However, we are returning to Cozumel later this week and will have our 9 and 7 year old daughters with us.

Here's the situation ;)

DW is blind, so snorkling is not a priority for her :)

DD 9 is a swimmer and enjoys anything

DD 7 does not swim well and needs accompaniement unless shallow

Our original plan was just to retun to Sanchos and let them play in the water and in the pool. Besides, the cab fare would probably be cheaper.

However, I have seen so many positive reviews of Chankanaab that we are considering it.

Plus side - there is a "kiddie" beach, some trails to explore, the replica ruins (DD9 is currently studying Maya/Aztec/Inca cultures), the dolphins to see from a distance, and possible snorkle opportunities for me to try (would just rent there since I am not a snorkler normally ;) )

Minus - paying for admission if we would have just as much fun at another beach

Reviews of food have not been as good as what I have seen other places

And then, of course, one does not read this forum long without realizing that Paradise Beach seems to be a crowd pleaser. I see so many positive reviews that it is moving up fast ;)

Plus - DD9 could enjoy the water toys (well, at least the water trampoline)

Minus - could make DD7 feel all the more left out (unless they allow you to jump with life jackets

I'm not sure if we could effectively use all the amenitites there, and assume it would be more crowded. Fortunately, there are only 3 ships in port total, so it shouldn't be bad from what I have read.

I'm sure we would enjoy a day at any of the 3 locations so personal recommendations would be appreciated.

As to the PB stuff, yes, vests are included with the purchase of the bracelet and yes, you can wear them on the trampoline. DD9 shouldn't have any trouble with the iceberg as my godson (7) was on there with 2 girls ages 8 and 11 yesterday.

There's a pool next door at San Fransisco Beach. If you wandered up to the bar and ordered some drinks I'm sure they'd have no objection to y'all going for a swim! Ask 1st I guess though... Whatever you decide, have a great vacation!

We were at Chakanaab Park in June. Unless you swim in the pool or the kid's beach, the other area is very difficult to get into. IT is rocky stairs leading to the ocean. They were slippery and it is very deep out there.

The kiddie beach was not very big nor clean at the time we went.

ALso the trails were okay, but mostly in the sun and it was very hot walking around. All in all we were dissapointed in the park itself and we are going to PB in November instead of back here.

I think PB would be a prettier and cheaper option, too.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Archived