Day sail question - boat at a dock?

ppfqp

We are interested in arranging a private day sail during our stop in St. Thomas in December. I've been doing some pretty thorough investigating, but would love some help in narrowing down our selection. It seems that many of the charter boats require transit via a dinghy to board the sailboat. Are there any that are at a dock, such as in a marina, that can be easily stepped aboard? I'm concerned because my parents would like to go with us, and I want to make things as accessible as possible.

Thanks for any feedback.

You may want to check out St Thomas Excursions, they have several sail boats, the 18 passenger ones are at dock, the 6 people private charter sail boats are dingied to, but they offered to pick us up at the dock.

we did another land based tour with them, but were very happy with the service and the excursion was great

http://www.stthomasexcursions.com

You may want to check out St Thomas Excursions, they have several sail boats, the 18 passenger ones are at dock, the 6 people private charter sail boats are dingied to, but they offered to pick us up at the dock.

we did another land based tour with them, but were very happy with the service and the excursion was great

http://www.stthomasexcursions.com

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the link-I have booked the Fury http://www.usvisailing.com/ for a half day sail and snorkle-they will pick up at the dock at Havensight. Have had prompt email answers from Mike @ stthomasexcursions. I think he would be willing to work with you. He had other options. We had problems with a full day sail, because of the differences between ships time and Island Time. Most of the ships will stay on EST time. Be carefull when booking to consider the time differences. I am excited that I found a sailing that will work. Judy

Just a quick correction to my posting- The Fury is picked up at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef dock, which is close to the Cruise dock, but not at the cruise dock. Quick cab ride. You can contact Mike at mike@stthomasexcursions.com for further information or bookings. He has several different options for sailings and has been very helpful. Hope this helps. I was too late to correct my posting. I will post a review when I return. Judy

Archived