Has anyone driven in Corfu before?

We are thinking about renting a car in Corfu to go to Paleokastritsa for the afternoon to go on a boat tour of caves, etc. when we are on Splendour of the Seas in November. Learned about it on another thread and it sounds great. Has anyone rented a car and driven the route between the port and there? Just wondered about roads/safety issues and also how much traffic to expect (so we don't have any unexpected delays getting back to ship). Any info would be appreciated. Also it will be November 15th so wondering if it will be too cool - although average temp in November is still 65. Thanks for any info you can provide!

We drove all over Greece, including Corfu and a visit to Paleokastritsa and had no problems with roads. They're not interstate higways, mind you, but the speeds are also lower. We didn't find traffic to be a problem anywhere we went on Corfu. If the weather doesn't cooperate for the caves the Achilleon Palace is also a nice spot.

We are renting through Sunrise for our 10/24 cruise. Don't recall which day we are there as I am at work and all my papers are at home. But I thought the price was great, 40E for the whole day. I'm adventurous so looking forward to a nice drive around.

I heard it's very easy to navigate the area.

It's very easy and a great way to see the island. The road up to Paleokastritsas is winding but not horrible at all. We had to rent 2 small cars for the 6 of us, I hadn't driven a stick in 15 years and it was fine (parking alittle trickier) we left the car at the ship . Just leqave the keys under the mat was the instruction from the rental car

It's very easy and a great way to see the island. The road up to Paleokastritsas is winding but not horrible at all. We had to rent 2 small cars for the 6 of us, I hadn't driven a stick in 15 years and it was fine (parking alittle trickier) we left the car at the ship . Just leqave the keys under the mat was the instruction from the rental car

Thanks for all the great information! I also contacted Sunrise and was quoted 40 Euros for the day. Just wanted to make sure we would have no problems getting back to the ship on time, etc. I appreciate all of you taking the time to respond.

Archived