The Number one thing that could ruin your cruise

Mikel1733

Have experienced massive waves a couple of times. Have cruised with a ship full of kids, and have done a spring break cruise while in our 50's. Have had ports skipped, itineraries changed. Freezing cold [below 40 degrees with 60 to 80 mph winds]. Have see swimming pool water thrown clear over the side in an Alaska storm. Have had to go to 3rd and 4th or even 5th choices on the menu to find food that I really enjoyed. But all in all, all 48 cruises have been just about perfect. Not totally perfect, still searching for the perfect cruise, but great fun every time.

Dan

TS or Hurricane and resulting route changes/delays

Bad Dining experience from either guest dress or bad food

Unfriendly non caring crew

Smokers on the ship and balconies

Young loud kids running, on the elevators, in the hot tubs with diapers

Large obnoxious Group takes over ship

Dirty poorly maintained ship

I dunno, idiots on CC that have nothing better to do than stir up crap prior to my cruise?

Plus being told you could only go through the buffet once each meal and you have a food card that is swiped when you ate so you could not cheat and to eliminate you from being able to go to a different food station to get something else.

Plus that meal card was renewed each day by having to exercise at least 60 minutes while under direct supervision. Now that would be close to a ruined cruise.

Don

OMG!!! What a creative mind you have!! Just reading that makes me cringe!!:D :D :eek: Can you IMAGINE??

i think the only things that could really ruin the entire trip would be terrible weather the whole time and/or myself or someone i'm with getting seriously sick during the cruise. other things can be dealt with and i'm pretty laid-back and good at always seeing the bright side. :)

I always felt that people who let things ruin their vacation are looking for something to ruin it or had expectations that can be ruined easily. If the trip was cancelled, yes that would ruin it or if the ship sank. Vacations are what you make of them.

I got really sick the day we stopped at Grand Cayman. That was miserable.

But with a 7 day trip, there were enough good days to make up for it.

Once, while enjoying a rare soak in the jacuzzi that had a few empty spaces, a huge older woman with a heavy NY accent entered and as she plopped down stated, "oh this is great, my doctor says this is good for my boils." (pronounced - boyulls)

Lovely, exit, stage right.

But the worst cruise experience for me is listening to people complain about everything. Stay home if you don't like people, noise, fun or kids (included as we've all been kids right?)

If you can't live and let live, get an isolated cabin in the woods and complain to the racoons.

Archived