Tendering in the Grand caymans

CanadianEh!

You won't have any problems. The tour vendors know who is booked on which ship, they will be waiting. When we booked our Nativeway tour we were worried about making it off in time but we wound up waiting a half hour for others to arrive.

Best advice, read the capers and know where and when to pick up tender tickets. Arrive in the designated lounge a few minutes early. You will be off in no time. The tenders in GC are large double-deckers. They are very fast and efficient.

2611226940080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

You won't have any problems. The tour vendors know who is booked on which ship, they will be waiting. When we booked our Nativeway tour we were worried about making it off in time but we wound up waiting a half hour for others to arrive.

Best advice, read the capers and know where and when to pick up tender tickets. Arrive in the designated lounge a few minutes early. You will be off in no time. The tenders in GC are large double-deckers. They are very fast and efficient.

2611226940080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks for the info and nice picture.

Does anyone know what pier the legend will tender to in the grand caymans?

The Cayman islands are in the Eastern time zone but they do not observe daylight savings time. In a few weeks when the time changes back to standard time, ship time on the Legend and local time in the Caymans will be the same.

To my knowledge, all Carnival ships are still tendering into town in Hog Stye Bay across the street from Margaritaville. The new tender pier is a few blocks north and it services Royal Caribbean ships. This picture is the new tender dock, you will not be going here, you will be to the right off the picture.:D

2693605660080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

The Cayman islands are in the Eastern time zone but they do not observe daylight savings time. In a few weeks when the time changes back to standard time, ship time on the Legend and local time in the Caymans will be the same.

To my knowledge, all Carnival ships are still tendering into town in Hog Stye Bay across the street from Margaritaville. The new tender pier is a few blocks north and it services Royal Caribbean ships. This picture is the new tender dock, you will not be going here, you will be to the right off the picture.:D

2693605660080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks again for the info. Yes i am aware of the time changes and yes i know that the GC and the Legend will be on the same time thank goodness have enough to worry about that is why in Cozumel we booked a carnival tour and in Belize and Roatan it is setup as a try and get off early but it will not start till you get there so you only hurt your self by doodling (did i just say doodling i fee like i am in school again :) )

So that means i get the 1/2 block walk to the yellow building on the left of the pictures not the 2 block walk :)

mmmmm margaretaville i still remember last year in vegas getting those 2 ft margarettas and drinking them in like 10 min so good and with wife being pregnant no need to share :)

No promises.

I haven't noticied any pattern of assigning ships of a given cruise line to a particular tender pier. The decision seems to be made based upon conditions and overall number of ships in port.

BTW, the pier pictured above is the new Royal Watler Terminal, and is about two blocks north of the other two piers (North and South terminals).

Drew, I didn't know about this new pier! When we were in GC for a week in April, the only one I saw was the one across the street from Margaritaville. Do you know exactly where this new pier is at? I was trying to figure it out from your picture but no luck. Is it down past Hammerheads and Cassanova's? I'm on the Westerdam in a couple of weeks and expecting to land at the other one. Just when I think I had it all figured out....:eek: ! Thanks!

Archived