Nativeway Stingrays/Coral/Starfish

yuki5900

oops I guess I saw the words "starfish beach" on another website (island marketing, stingray city sandbr & eco tour - private charter)...nativeway says "starfish snorkel at a magical location"....wonder if it's the same spot?

We had a group of twelve take this tour last week while in port on the Carnival Valor. Meet the owner at the pier, showed to the bus, and took us to the marina where our boat was waiting. Loaded everyone onto the boat and out we went. The crew was excellent and very friendly.

We arrived at the sandbar and were instructed on how to handle the rays. Everyone had the chance to hold one, kiss one, and even receive a "massage" from them. My wife loved it, as did everyone else that was with us.

From there, we headed out to an area where the largest starfish I have ever seen were hanging out. Had the chance at snorkeling there and handling the starfish before heading to the coral gardens. Some of us even managed to find a few "sea biscuits" and empty conch shells to bring back.

Once we arrived at the coral gardens, we were in the water again. Plenty of beautiful fish and corals. It may not be the most beautiful corals to those who dive lots of areas, but nice all the same. And beginners will love it.

George was on deck snapping photos for you, and he is very easy to deal with. The entire crew was great. Several of the guys in our crew had been to the stingrays a few years ago through the cruise lines, and they all told me that this trip was much better (they spent double the money just for the rays with no snorkelling) than the last time. Everything went off with out a hitch, from pick up to drop off. I will be contacting them again on my next arrival into town. They even said that they could hook us up with a scuba charter when needed.

Has anyone done this from the Carnival Inspiration. I am tempted to book as I want to take my kids to do the Stingray Experience and from reading the boards sounds like Carnival Tour has too many people on the boat. I am just a little nervous as the Inspiration is only in GC form 7am-2pm. I am guessing the last tender will be at 1pm and this tour goes from 8:30-11:45. The Native Way tour also looks better as it stops to snorkel at the reef and by the Starfish.

Any advice from those who have actually done it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

I just booked this and we will be on the Inspiration 11/19/07. I emailed Sharon at Nativeway as I was concerned about being relegated to the later tenders since it is not a Carnival excursion. She said no problem, and the tour leaves the pier at 9 am, no 8:45 am. We're going to give it a try - hope that helps you.

I just did this with a group of friends 5 of us went on the Nativeways, Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion, we had a fantastic time, for $60 each which included a great lunch and ice tea, we were back with plenty of time to tender back to the Conquest. We had time to do some shopping back in town it returned around 1:30pm left early 8:15am.

Decided not to risk this on the Inspiration as it actually does not leave until 9am and gets back around 12:15, this is just too close for comfort with the last Inspiration Tender at 1pm. I booked Captain Marvin instead as they have an 8:30-10:45 tour. It doesn't include the starfish but at least we will get back early enough to shop or go to the beach if we wish.

It is a vacation and I do not want to be stressed about running for the last tender.

Archived