Carnival Liberty 09/23/07 review (LONG)

jennybabee

Ok now that's just wrong:cool: You need to get in that car of yours and go pick up some real beer.

Or better yet meet us on the beer thread mon thru frid and our gang will teach you beer 101:D Well we do have one friend there that drinks (well she said her dh drinks) Miller lite. We are still workin on her;)

Actually, I do appreciate what you say. Local brew shop was not on my way home tonight, and the Lemon Coriander weisse that I have in the secondary fermenter (homebrewer) right now is now ready for bottling. :)

Actually, I do appreciate what you say. Local brew shop was not on my way home tonight, and the Lemon Coriander weisse that I have in the secondary fermenter (homebrewer) right now is now ready for bottling. :)

i think this is the slowest i have ever seen this board :eek:

anyone watching anything on tv?

That home brewed stuff can be pretty nasty:eek: But anything is better then miller products:D As she takes a drink of her Pacifico......

That home brewed stuff can be pretty nasty:eek: But anything is better then miller products:D As she takes a drink of her Pacifico......

Can be, but if you are with a person who know what they are doing, they can be better than any mass produced beer, and alot of times just as good as the micro-brews. By the way, are you a hop head? or are you a more smooth beer drinker?

We are on starting the 13th, so we'll let you know. :D

Does anybody that's been on Liberty recall if they have diet coke out of the fountain or tey use cans (as they did on Fantasy in Jan). This is a big deal to my DW, so please tell me it's fountain. ;)

The Diet Coke was all cans.

Aleece

Oh yeah they went to get pizza but they had to wait:cool: Can you imagine.......so they left:rolleyes:

Hey what am I doin........read it yourself slacker:cool:

HAAAA

I think they had to wait like 3 whole entire minutes for pizza because i am sure at home they dont wait at all, right!;) :D

Why didn't they order Dominoe's .... they deliver. :D

Friday night, long day at work, called to order a pizza, but they won't be here for 45 minutes!!!! Who do they think they are, Carnival?

Friday night, long day at work, called to order a pizza, but they won't be here for 45 minutes!!!! Who do they think they are, Carnival?

I know what you mean. Makes you want to jump off the boat and swim! The nerve of some people, having to actually cook the pizza before they give it to you.

:D

Can be, but if you are with a person who know what they are doing, they can be better than any mass produced beer, and alot of times just as good as the micro-brews. By the way, are you a hop head? or are you a more smooth beer drinker?

confused-smiley-013.gif My favs are Pacifico, XX, Pyramid Hefeweizen, and good ole Bud:D

Here is the capers from the Liberty.

Breakfast 6:00 a.m. to noon

Lunch Noon to 3:00p.m.

The forward grill is open until 6:00 p.m. (burgers, hot dogs, fries etc)

The aft grill is open from 11:30 until 2:30 and again at 11:30 p.m. until 1:00a.m.

The deli is open from 11:30 until until 11:00 p.m.

Then of course dining room dinner starts at 5:45 p.m

Dinner buffet starts at 6:00 p.m. 9:30 p.m.

24 hr. pizza

24 hr. room serve

Coffee cafe you can choose pastries and cakes from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00a.m. and also again from 4:00 p.m. to 1;00 a.m.

Click on the caper below for bigger image. ( I hope it works) I don't buy the no food complaint!

isn't there fish and chips and chinese too???

...We had a 8 PM dining time therefore if we wanted anything to eat between 3 - 6 then we were out of luck. (which if you look at what you listed, it shows that much)... Yes the pizza place was 24 hour but between 3-6 when we tried to use it there were either several people already wanting for the pizza or there was no pizza ready...

no. it doesn't. even leaving the buffet out of the mix, kurbanfan's post shows that:

pizza was open (which also has caesar salads and calzones); the grills were open; the deli was open; the coffee cafe was open; and, room service was available.

and, this isn't even counting if the fish n' chips and chinese (both of which this ship has been rumored to have), were open.

well Creepella, the room service on the Magic is soooooooooo much better in my opinion - you could actually get chicken fingers and burgers on it. On the Liberty , it was basically cold sandwiches and you get a little tired of cold sandwiches after awhile (atleast we did, but I am sure I will be creamed for that comment also !!)

i've sailed disney, and while the room sevice menu might have had kid friendly chicken fingers, the overall food on disney, IMO, truly stunk. so, seeing now that you thought it was great,...well, that confuses me even more b/c anyone w/ a discerning palate isn't going to say DCL food is great. they might say celebrity's food is great, but they wldn't say DCL's is.

you clearly didn't like your cruise. i happen to think you sweated way too much small stuff, but that's JMO.

from your comments about the dr opening 2 minutes late, to not liking a single thing to eat, to not liking the table assignments, etc, you seem to be a very difficult person to please. i can't imagine you wld enjoy very much in life, unless it went perfect. and, with that said, i have to ask, what in the world would your reaction be if something really bad happened? someone fell overboard, and pax were frantic looking for loved ones/children to make sure it wasn't them, you were up all night searching, and missed ports; the ship hit the dock and sustained damage and caused a delay; a barge collided w/ it in the mississippi river? all of these things have happened. things happen all of the time.

i bet if you had been on one of those sailings instead, you wld be wishing your biggest problem was a 2 minute delay in opening the dr doors.

no. it doesn't. even leaving the buffet out of the mix, kurbanfan's post shows that:

pizza was open (which also has caesar salads and calzones); the grills were open; the deli was open; the coffee cafe was open; and, room service was available.

and, this isn't even counting if the fish n' chips and chinese (both of which this ship has been rumored to have), were open.

i've sailed disney, and while the room sevice menu might have had kid friendly chicken fingers, the overall food on disney, IMO, truly stunk. so, seeing now that you thought it was great,...well, that confuses me even more b/c anyone w/ a discerning palate isn't going to say DCL food is great. they might say celebrity's food is great, but they wldn't say DCL's is.

you clearly didn't like your cruise. i happen to think you sweated way too much small stuff, but that's JMO.

from your comments about the dr opening 2 minutes late, to not liking a single thing to eat, to not liking the table assignments, etc, you seem to be a very difficult person to please. i can't imagine you wld enjoy very much in life, unless it went perfect. and, with that said, i have to ask, what in the world would your reaction be if something really bad happened? someone fell overboard, and pax were frantic looking for loved ones/children to make sure it wasn't them, you were up all night searching, and missed ports; the ship hit the dock and sustained damage and caused a delay; a barge collided w/ it in the mississippi river? all of these things have happened. things happen all of the time.

i bet if you had been on one of those sailings instead, you wld be wishing your biggest problem was a 2 minute delay in opening the dr doors.

Well fancy meeting you here on a Friday night. Dh out of town:confused:

Forgot about fish and chips and chinese.......

Can I get a witness???? ...............Amen brother (or sister, did not check your profile before posting, sorry about that :) ) :D

lol, kurb. ya picked up another beer lover for the beer threads, huh? c'mon over, donjamoni. most active monday through friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, lmao.:D :p

perfect timing ... another reason not to get any work done ...........YESSS!!! :D

lol, kurb. ya picked up another beer lover for the beer threads, huh? c'mon over, donjamoni. most active monday through friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, lmao.:D :p

Doin my best tryin to recruit lol! He seems nice enough. He is sailing on the same ship as Jess. But he is not signed up with the S&S group.....

Oh and did I mention he has a parrot?

Well fancy meeting you here on a Friday night. Dh out of town:confused:

Forgot about fish and chips and chinese.......

why?????? no good? not open? wassup w/ them? do tell, lol. it's okay if they stink. there is plenty of other food, lol.

[i'm around most fridays now. all the sports have kicked in. so i'm up at the crack of dawn to start running from field to field. we do no sports in summer. summer is total play time:D. me running around for everyone else, as well as fields of any kind are strictly off limits, and it's water, sun and sand. we will get to go out on the boat all w'end anyway though (after the games), b/c it supposed to GREAT weather. i'll take it!:p]

Archived