Is this the Courtyard beach? (pic)

cpizzull

Back in 2002, we came upon this lovely, quiet beach, but I can't remember exactly how we got there, etc. I thought it was across the street from the Holiday Inn, which I believe is now the Courtyard, correct? So, looking at this pic from the beach, can someone confirm if this is, indeed, the Courtyard beach so I can tell the taxi/bus where to drop us off at. ;o)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePizzulloHomePage/disney2002.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=407

Also, do you recommend just doing the taxi instead of bus to here?

Btw, if you showed them your Marriott Rewards card, would they treat you like a hotel guest and allow use of chairs? hee

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Courtyard Marriott to me. Sea Grape is right next to it, so you could have the cab driver drop you there. We've always seen a lot of cabs lined up there, so it would be easier to get a cab to get back to the port area (rather than crossing the street and going over to the CM-if that's how they have their cabs set up).

You also might think about Royal Palms. Here's their website (the Reef Grill is the restaurant there). It's closer to the port than SG or the CM, but SG and RP offer the same things...chair rentals, water toy rentals, food, and restrooms. I'm not sure how the CM does this...if they allow day passes or what. The beaches are all free...so you can walk from one end to the other. :)

http://www.reefgrill.com/pages/cruiseinfo.html

I found this picture on Webshots. It's the same family name so I am sure this is the place. They say they are at the Courtyard Marriott beach.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1265564178056770696YQjQni

• 3 months later...

I wanted to bump this since I've done alot more reading, etc.

Based on the pic in the url above, is that the building that is now Calico Jack's? That pic was in 2002 and as I stated, it was a perfect place back then. Of course, there wasn't 5 ships docked like there will be for us this year. More questions if that's the same area >>>

1. Easiest thing to do is just take a taxi to Sea Grape and walk to this area, right? Is bus easy, or just a hassle?

2. Is there parasailing, etc in this general area also (walking distance) ?

Thx!

Chet

Based on the pic in the url above, is that the building that is now Calico Jack's? That pic was in 2002 and as I stated, it was a perfect place back then. Of course, there wasn't 5 ships docked like there will be for us this year. More questions if that's the same area >>>

1. Easiest thing to do is just take a taxi to Sea Grape and walk to this area, right? Is bus easy, or just a hassle?

2. Is there parasailing, etc in this general area also (walking distance) ?

Thx!

Chet

I think you're right...it's Calico Jack's.

I'd take a cab, but that's me. I think it's $5 per person, each way. I know there's a bus service, but I don't know what the schedule is. Just remember that the cabs are the van-types, so you may have to wait a few extra minutes until they fill the cab. If you go to SG, allow a little extra time to get back to the port area.

Red Sail operates out of the Courtyard Marriott. I don't know this for sure, but I'd bet that they have a "shack" of some sort on the beach where you can rent water toys, etc (we've used Red Sail for waverunner rentals-at the Marriott Beach location). At any rate, Sea Grape and the Courtyard Marriott are next to one another, so it should be easy to find them.

http://www.redsailcayman.com/pdf/GC_Hotel_Map.pdf

http://www.redsailcayman.com/pdf/GC_LOA.pdf (If you scroll down to page two, you can see what they offer and the prices.)

Five ships is a lot, but we've been there when there were 9 & 10 ships. That entire area was a total zoo. We'd jump in the car and head to the other side of the island. I read somewhere that they've put a limit on the number of ships and passengers that will be allowed to visit the island each day. That's a good thing.

Have fun! :)

Thx again twinkletoes!

I think when we were there in 2002, there were only 2 ships, which probably explains our surprise back then on how deserted that beach was.

Anybody else who is reading this>> it's a horibbly small beach with no amenities at all so you should try the other side of the island. ;o)

Archived