A few Norwegian Dining Questions

tripman

I'm new to Norwegian. Just booked our first cruise on Norwegian.

I understand there aren't set dining times for dinner. What isn't clear to me is if there is a buffet as on other lines. This will be on the Norwegian Gem. I know it hasn't sailed yet, but it seems to be similiar to the Norwegian Jewel. I assume there is a buffet on or near the lido deck. Is that true?

If so, what are its hours typically? What is it called so I can find it on the deck plans?

Thanks

I'm new to Norwegian. Just booked our first cruise on Norwegian.

I understand there aren't set dining times for dinner. What isn't clear to me is if there is a buffet as on other lines. This will be on the Norwegian Gem. I know it hasn't sailed yet, but it seems to be similiar to the Norwegian Jewel. I assume there is a buffet on or near the lido deck. Is that true?

If so, what are its hours typically? What is it called so I can find it on the deck plans?

Thanks

Yes, the Gem will have a buffet. The buffets on the newer ships are said to have much better layouts than the older ships. And you are served at each "station" instead of serving yourself in an effort to avoid passing germs:)

The Gem "Garden Cafe" will be on deck 12.

I can't help with the hours but I do know they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not sure what is served after that.

They also have BBQ's at the pool area during nice weather and there is an ice cream bar at the pool area also.

If you are trying to compare the ships, I believe the Gem is closest in layout to the Pearl.

Archived