Questions on Balcony on Grand Princess

smaradiaga

Hello,

This is the first time that we'll be sailing on a balcony cabin--so excited! We've just been upgraded to category BB on the Aloha deck from BH. Before we celebrate :) , I'd like to know a couple things:

1. Anybody know the difference between these 2 categories (BB vs. BH)?

2. Will there be a noise problem since the Aloha deck is located right below the Lido deck? Our cabin is also located close by the Terrace pool (toward the back of the ship--aft cabin I think).

3. Since the deck is located quite high on the ship, will we more likely to experience seasickness? In the past, we didn't get seasick too often, but did occasionally when the sea got rough.

4. I heard that the balcony is only partially covered (not too thrilled about this) but since it's right below the Lido deck's pool, not many people go out of their way to look into our balcony. Is this true?

5. Any other feedback is highly appreciated (e.g. the view from the balcony, etc.).

Tons of questions, I know :) Thanks so much for your help!!!

I can't answer most of your questions specifically, but we were in a BC on Aloha deck on the Grand last year and loved it. My big disappointment (but I'll definitely get over it) on our next cruise is that we can't be on Aloha deck. It seemed so convenient to the things we wanted to do.

Aloha balcony IS fully covered by ceiling overhang. No one above can look down, but, balconies below can look up and see you if you are standing the rail. Your Aloha balcony would be sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. Looking down onto balconies below, you will see Caribe deck balconies and Dolphin deck balconies below which are larger but are only partly covered by ceiling overhang (Caribe) or totally uncovered (Dolphin).

I cannot speak to amount of ship motion aft or higher up - depends how sensitive you are. Grand Princess is such a huge ship, I do not find motion a problem, except in very rough seas and I am very prone to motion sickness.

I think the BH category balconies are located forward on Emerald deck and are completely covered but also set back from the railing - you actually overlook the walking track on that deck. For me - these balconies never looked that appealing. I would take Aloha in a second over Category BH.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello,

This is the first time that we'll be sailing on a balcony cabin--so excited! We've just been upgraded to category BB on the Aloha deck from BH. Before we celebrate :) , I'd like to know a couple things:

1. Anybody know the difference between these 2 categories (BB vs. BH)?Just location, rooms are the same.

2. Will there be a noise problem since the Aloha deck is located right below the Lido deck? Our cabin is also located close by the Terrace pool (toward the back of the ship--aft cabin I think). It really depends on the individual room. If you are under a carpeted area, usually no problem. If you are under a deck area, sometimes you hear deck chairs/lounges being dragged around. The BB's on Aloha are located midships, beween the forward and aft elevator banks.

3. Since the deck is located quite high on the ship, will we more likely to experience seasickness? In the past, we didn't get seasick too often, but did occasionally when the sea got rough. Most people find Aloha very nice, and being aft you won't really get the up-and-down motion. But it just depends on your own individual sensitivities.

4. I heard that the balcony is only partially covered (not too thrilled about this) but since it's right below the Lido deck's pool, not many people go out of their way to look into our balcony. Is this true? Nope, Aloha is fully covered.

5. Any other feedback is highly appreciated (e.g. the view from the balcony, etc.). Your are gonna love a balcony.

Tons of questions, I know :) Thanks so much for your help!!!

The only thing to add is that there is convenient access to the Terrace pool at the aft end of your hallway. Go all the way to the aft, and at the end of the hall there is a door leading to the deck area (does not show up on the deck plans). Up a few steps and voila you are at the pool. Depending on where your room is, you may find it just as easy to go up the stairs to the Lido deck, but then you have to meander throught the Horizon court area.

Archived