Discounts vs. Credits?

Annie34

I'm a little confused...I booked a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise for next February through a travel agent and she gave me a $100 discount group rate. I now see that Princess is offering a $100 on-board credit for booking the same trip. I called my travel agent to see if she could get that as well, and she said that they can only offer one promotion per cruise. If one is offered by the agent, and the other is offered by the cruiseline, is it possible to get both? Or am I living in dreamland here?

GottoCruise,

Thanks for your response!

Just to further clarify...My TA should be able to call Princess and get the credit after the booking has already been made? Or does it only apply at the time of booking? My TA seems to know as little as I do. (I won't be using her services again.)

First move.. as you already know get a TA that knows more than you do. that gets harder the more time you spend here. Second the $100 credit should be available unless it is new bookings only.. call Princess and ask.

GottoCruise,

Thanks for your response!

Just to further clarify...My TA should be able to call Princess and get the credit after the booking has already been made? Or does it only apply at the time of booking? My TA seems to know as little as I do. (I won't be using her services again.)

I haven't made a final payment yet. Can I switch TA's at any point? (I've never used one before, so I'm not sure about all the rules, etc.)

I'll give Princess a call in the morning. Thanks for the input!

Yes, you can switch TA's at your option, beware some TA's charge a cancellation fee but if you just pick a new one and give them the booking number it should be easy from there.

I haven't made a final payment yet. Can I switch TA's at any point? (I've never used one before, so I'm not sure about all the rules, etc.)

I'll give Princess a call in the morning. Thanks for the input!

Archived