Will The Upgrade Fairy Visit?

aruss

We booked a Oceanview Cat. F room on the Serenade in December. At the time there was only a few rooms left in that category and they were all on deck 7. We'd really like to be on deck 8, so everyday I've been watching to see if anything comes available on deck 8. There are only 12 rooms total in that category on the entire ship, so for a while they've all been sold out. But I continue to hope and check everyday for a deck 8 room.

Well today, lo and behold, it shows availability in that categary. But it is a guarantee room. So I call RCCL and they say all the rooms in Cat. F are sold out, which I know has been the case for a while.

So does that mean, if they sell a guarantee Cat. F room, that someone already booked in one will get upgraded? If so that would be great, because the next category up is a balcony room.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Please come visit me upgrade fairy!!!!

Sometimes they will upgrade the people in the guarantee category, sometimes they will upgrade people with specific rooms booked. The upgrade fairy guards her secrets and rarely reveals them.

I'm sorry to tell you but the Upgrade Fairy is the Tooth Fairys day job. And just like the tooth fairy you never see them just wake up one morning and poof! I would just put your reservation under your pillow each night and just maybe the fairy will come visit you.

Fairies do not reveal there secrets.:rolleyes:

We just were on LOS and got a visit from the upgrade fairy---

at CHECK IN!

All our documents and luggage tags had our booked room for 8214.

When we checked in they told us 9606. Apparently a family had

cancelled last minute, so we were chosen. I asked at the explorations

desk why us? and they said luck of the draw, it is random.

My opinion is...I have never sailed RCI previously, only Carnival,

and they knew that so they wanted to impress us!!!

Boy did they ever!!!!!!!!! It was a fabulous room.

Congrats on the bump! We're booked in an inside cabin and just couldn't afford the difference for a balcony but I know I'm going to miss it. I keep hoping and praying the upgrade fairy visits us. When do they usually upgrade you if they're going to?

Aruss, unfortunately it really is luck of the draw. If you book an F guarantee you will more likely to be upgraded than someone in F because they specifically picked out a cabin whereas by buying the guarantee you are telling them you are flexible. But it would sure be worth a shot. Look at the space above F and that may be your likely cabin...perhaps a Family stateroom or a balcony, definitely worth the gamble!

Archived