Camp Carnival on the Miracle

Buzya

Just wanted to put together a quick review of the Camp Carnival for our 9/24 Cruise on the Miracle.

Orientation: The first night we toured the camp and were issued phones (worked only on the ship).

Children: My girls are 3 and 5 and there were about 15 kids their age, plus another 20 in the 6-8 group. All the kids were buddies the whole cruise, even when running into each other at dinner, the pool or on shore.

Counselors: Very friendly, actively engaged the kids, knew everyone's name. My girls would run up to them and give them hugs each day.

Activities: Lots of crafts, including t-shirt coloring, mask making, face painting. The last sea day was very rough, so the camp kept the kids on light tv watching most of the day.

Bottom Line: The girls loved the camp, hated to leave it, and raced to the camp each time.

Just wanted to put together a quick review of the Camp Carnival for our 9/24 Cruise on the Miracle.

Orientation: The first night we toured the camp and were issued phones (worked only on the ship).

Children: My girls are 3 and 5 and there were about 15 kids their age, plus another 20 in the 6-8 group. All the kids were buddies the whole cruise, even when running into each other at dinner, the pool or on shore.

Counselors: Very friendly, actively engaged the kids, knew everyone's name. My girls would run up to them and give them hugs each day.

Activities: Lots of crafts, including t-shirt coloring, mask making, face painting. The last sea day was very rough, so the camp kept the kids on light tv watching most of the day.

Bottom Line: The girls loved the camp, hated to leave it, and raced to the camp each time.

I'm so happy to read your review. My 3yo is somewhat excited about Camp, but a little nervous that I can't be with him. I keep telling him it's like preschool. Thanks.

It was my understanding that it was for the counselors to contact parents only. The phones were free, with a $150 fee if lost.

Are phones only issued to parents of young children? Could kids get phones? Is there a charge for the phones?

We're sailing on the Miracle at Easter and need a way to keep track of our 3 kids.

When we sailed last year--our boys were 10 and 13...

Our boys felt that the camp didn't have enough to do in their age groups--and some of the activities were babyish--or girlly inspired but not interesting to boys...

The young teens definitely didn't have enough in the evenings--and our DS13 was disappointed that we wouldn't let him roam the ship aimlessly and hang out in the stairwells with the other roaming herd of teens--looking for entertainment--especially when we expected him to be with the teen program...and doing something supervised.

Can us "stick in the mud" parents but I don't think my kids --or any teens --should be roaming a ship looking for something to do--which leads to trouble...(check our Utube...)

So of the things we discussed on our feedback card--we suggested a better mix of activities for tweens/teens...

Just our 2 cents

Archived