Opinions on Downtown Radisson (Biscayne Blvd)

dkal95

I booked a room there for our cruise next week and now after reading some reviews, I'm a little apprehensive.

Mostly about the location not being the safest.

Any opinions on it?

Is the lnter-Continental in a safer area than the Radisson?

HELP, please LOL

I booked a room there for our cruise next week and now after reading some reviews, I'm a little apprehensive.

Any opinions on it?

HELP, please LOL

The Radisson is located in downtown Miami and nothing will happen to you. You are completely safe. The only think i don't reccomend is walking in the area becuase its not condusive for walking.

The Intercontinental is a few blocks down and is also safe. The problem with Miami is that at night downtown gets very desolate and lonely and the neighborhoods attached aren't as favorable as you'd like. As far as safety I assure you its completely fine.

Any opinions on it?

HELP, please LOL

I stayed at the Radisson 9/3 one night before my cruise. I paid $63 on Hotwire. The room was clean, room service was quick, and the hotel itself was pretty nice, but needed a little work. I didn't venture out at night because I was exhausted, but like you've read, wouldn't recommend walking around at night. Honestly, for $63 it was good, but if I paid full price (119-140/night) I would have been disappointed. Took a cab to the pier next morning. It was about a 5 minute ride and I think $10 or $12.

Hope this'll help

Any opinions on it?

HELP, please LOL

We stayed at the Raddison last Monday. As other poster said I would have been disappointed if I paid full price but it was a nice clean place to lay my head!!! As far as the area....it is a little shady but the hotel is very well lighted & there is a bell boy on duty I believe 24-7. We didn't feel scared at all. We also didn't go out after checking in until the next morning when we headed to the pier.

The first few pictures in the link in my signature are from the radisson. The views are from our 9th floor room facing downtown and the port. We stayed there 2 nights prior to our cruise on 9/29.

Hey, thanks for the link to the pics! We leave for Miami on Friday, are staying at the Radisson and sailing on Liberty (Eastern) on Saturday. My kids (8 and 9) LOVED seeing your recent pics of the hotel, the view of the port, what "the fort" at San Juan was like, etc.

Love that lighthouse pic in the middle of nowhere! When did you take it? I'll keep an eye out!

Love that lighthouse pic in the middle of nowhere! When did you take it? I'll keep an eye out!

We saw this on our last day at sea. We could see Cuba off in the distance to the south and the lighthouse was far away to the north.

Enjoy the Radisson (Not a five star, but nice enough). Be sure and ask for a room facing the port. And you'll love Liberty.

My kids are 8, 10, and 11. If you have any questions, just ask and I'll try to help.

We will be staying at the Radisson this Friday (the 12th). Does anyone know what the parking is like? I really don't want to use valet parking if I can help it. Is there a relatively safe and inexpensive place to park my car?

We will be staying at the Radisson this Friday (the 12th). Does anyone know what the parking is like? I really don't want to use valet parking if I can help it. Is there a relatively safe and inexpensive place to park my car?

I have heard the parking cost about $28.00 per day for valet and $25.00 for self parking in their garage but you have to pay to get back in if you leave to drive around but not sure how much. HTH

I have heard the parking cost about $28.00 per day for valet and $25.00 for self parking in their garage but you have to pay to get back in if you leave to drive around but not sure how much. HTH

I rented a car for the day at the Enterprise location at the hotel. I came back to park at the hotel once to shower and change before dinner. If I remember correctly, it was $6 for the first hour and then prorated after that. I believe it cost me $8 for about an hour and a half.

If you return the rental car after hours, you can just tell the valet that you are returning the car and you will not have to pay to park. This was a concern for me because I was afraid I would have to pay to park overnight and return the car in the morning.

dc04321 is correct about the daily rate. I didn't notice any nearby parking options, but I didn't really look.

Archived