Private Tour Company in Dublin

We just returned from a TA cruise on Celebrity. I was looking for a company so that we could do a private tour rather use the ship's tours. I could not find anything so I searched and found a wonderful company. The service was great and the price was so much less than what the ship wanted.

I was happy with the suggestions that they gave me and was able to set up a tour that included the things that our group of 23 wanted, not what the ship offered. We had a wonderful day and the driver was wonderful and gave us all kinds of information about Ireland while we drove to the sites that we had selected. We got back to the ship in plenty of time. They can do small groups or larger groups as well.

The company can be reached by email at info@ganters.ie The individual that I dealt with was Ronan.

You will enjoy Dublin.

Mary

We selected. Maldahide Castle outside of Dublin, Braxen Head Pub, the oldest pub in Dublin, great food. The group then split with some going to Dublin Castle and some to Guinness. We wanted to do Newgrange, but they only accept a few reservations and we were on the waiting list.

I preordered the food at the pub to give us additional time for other things. We did have a driveby on the major sites.

Hope this helps. There are so many things to select from. Small groups are so much better and things move along better.

Mary

We liked it very much, the unfortunate part is that no picture taking is allowed inside. There is a nice gift shop and the prices were very good. We bought a book that has information and pictures. My family has a genealogical connection to the place so that made it even nicer.

Piece of advice. Check and see when the ship's tours will be there and avoid that time. We went in the morning as our ship's tours were there in the afternoon. The gardens do not open until the afternoon sometime. You might be able to book the late morning and then do the gardens while larger groups do the castle.

Mary

• 3 weeks later...

Archived