Corner Aft or Middle Aft?

We have our choice of corner aft or an aft in the middle on deck 8 of the Serenade. Do you think the corner would be better because you could also lean over and see forward or the middle aft because the balcony is bigger? Thanks for any advice.

I have had center aft and it was wonderful because we could see both sides on the corner aft your view to the one side will be curtailed because of the curve of the back of the ship. BUT you will gain the side view on your side. Hope that makes sense. Which cabin? If it is 8168 I would grab it as it has a huge balcony though this might help

aftwcabins.jpg

Actually we have all five of the regular cabins (not the suite) and we'd have our choice. That picture is great - it is so hard to make the decision. Being on the corner you would also have only one neighbor too. I think I'm leaning towards the corner.

We were in 8168 a few years ago. You can not see down the side of the ship. If you look very carefully at the picture that someone posted earlier in this thread, the far left side of the balcony is not usable. Note how the white metal portion of the balcony (that would be at your back)tapers down toward the railing. You can not stand there easily. The floor space narrows to a point, making the left 1/3 of the balcony unusable. It's still a nice balcony.

I have had center aft and it was wonderful because we could see both sides on the corner aft your view to the one side will be curtailed because of the curve of the back of the ship. BUT you will gain the side view on your side. Hope that makes sense. Which cabin? If it is 8168 I would grab it as it has a huge balcony though this might help

aftwcabins.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo. It's bookmarked for future use!!!:D :p

If you prefer to have some shady area on your balcony you are better off in a center aft cabin. If you prefer more sunshine then the corner would be better. Both areas get sun AND shade at one time or another but the ratio of sun to shade is probably higher on the corner balconies on Radiance-class ships. We prefer more shade so we have booked center aft cabins on Serenade this coming March. Just wanted to throw that thought out in case it did make a difference to you. If not, then I'd say just flip a coin. Both locations are GREAT!

We were in 8168 a few years ago. You can not see down the side of the ship. If you look very carefully at the picture that someone posted earlier in this thread, the far left side of the balcony is not usable. Note how the white metal portion of the balcony (that would be at your back)tapers down toward the railing. You can not stand there easily. The floor space narrows to a point, making the left 1/3 of the balcony unusable. It's still a nice balcony.

Hi FLCruiseGirl,

I have 8168 booked for March. Is the balcony deep and wide enough so that 2 loungers can be positoned to face the wake or do they need to be positioned sideways? Please let me know. Thanks!

We had 8668, the opposite corner and we had one lounge, two regular, chairs, and two lounge type chairs with out the foot rests, and one table.

Two lounges would probably fit facing the wake but it would be hard to walk around them.

2894206040101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

2870213330101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

JJ2sail, thanks for the response! Wow..... great photos!:)

You were in the Royal Family Suite, and 8168 is a D1. Is the D1 balcony the same size as the one that you had? If so, I am realllllly going to look forward to my March voyage! :D

I actually like those lounger that have the detachable footrest even better than the regular lounge chairs, so maybe I can find a spare around someplace and borrow it for the week!;)

Thanks again!

JJ2sail, thanks for the response! Wow..... great photos!:)

You were in the Royal Family Suite, and 8168 is a D1. Is the D1 balcony the same size as the one that you had? If so, I am realllllly going to look forward to my March voyage! :D

I actually like those lounger that have the detachable footrest even better than the regular lounge chairs, so maybe I can find a spare around someplace and borrow it for the week!;)

Thanks again!

Yes, 8168 is at least as big as 8668. I did not see it in person, but have seen pictures, will try to dig them up.

Archived