Calling Expert Princess Cruisers

CruisingCatherine

My H and I are considering changing our cruise in December to a Princess cruise. We will be bringing our two children so I do have some questions regarding the children's program. My children are 7 and 10.

1. What hours does the program run?

2. Are the children allowed to sign themselves out?

3. What types of activities do they have?

4. Do they have childcare during dinner on any nights?

5. Overall, how pleased are you with the program?

6. Is there an arcade for the kids?

I have been on many Princess cruises with my daughters. My youngest is now 6 and has been on about 10 Princess cruises. They generally allow older kids to sign themselves out. You don't say what your preference is in terms of allowing your kids to sign themselves out. I would think that they would not allow a 7 year old to sign themselves out, but I'm not sure about a 10 year old. If you didn't want the 10 year old to sign themselves out, I think you could make that stipulation.

I think that the last cruise we were on, the kids program didn't start until 7:00 (even on those nights that they had a kids dinner). We like the flexibility of the Anytime Dining with our daughter. If she is up to a long meal on any given night, we can eat with her. If she is not, she can eat at the buffet or room service, we can take her to the kid's club at 7:00, and go to dinner. We've never had a problem with long waits at Anytime Dining.

We've been very pleased with the kid's club. I believe that they have an arcade on most of the ships.

Archived