Penthouse Suite Location

maryella

Our family is booked on the Gems July 13th sailing out of Barcelona. We are booked in an AB Penthouse Suite with family members in the 2 adjoining AF mini suites. After reading some posts here about location I checked the deck plans for the Gem. I am horrified to see our AB Penthouse (which costs $$$$) directly under the gym. Since I have only sailed twice before I had not given what was over our room a thought. I was mostly concerned about what level deck we were on and if we were more midship. Can anyone please fill me in on what to expect? What was NCL thinking when they put 50 threadmills over an expensive suite? It looks like I have made a big mistake!!

Our family is booked on the Gems July 13th sailing out of Barcelona. We are booked in an AB Penthouse Suite with family members in the 2 adjoining AF mini suites. After reading some posts here about location I checked the deck plans for the Gem. I am horrified to see our AB Penthouse (which costs $$$$) directly under the gym. Since I have only sailed twice before I had not given what was over our room a thought. I was mostly concerned about what level deck we were on and if we were more midship. Can anyone please fill me in on what to expect? What was NCL thinking when they put 50 threadmills over an expensive suite? It looks like I have made a big mistake!!

Go over the deck plans again and choose the AB that you HOPE will have the LEAST amount of noise...... (Have choice A and choice B) And then,

Call your TA and change your cabin# IMMEDIATELY......!!!icon4.gif

You WILL LOVE YOUR AB.....!!!!:) I have been on the Norwegian Dawn three times, ALL in an AB, ALL the same cabin number, 11020...!!!:D

An AB is JUST WONDERFULL.....!!! I honestly CAN'T imagine a nicer cabin.......:D

The Bathroom is just FABULOUS.......!!!:D

I just purchased an upsale Penthouse on the Gem, after a little research of the deck plan of the ship I discovered that the Port side 11000 to 11030 are under the Library and the social room. Rooms on the starboard 11500 to 11530 are under the workout room especially the one towards midship. If you book on the Port side the noise should not be an issue. We booked room 11024. I love the picture window looking out from the bathroom.

Greg

Oh I am so disappointed. I booked these suites as soon as they were available----way back in May. All the AB Penthouse suites on the Gem are under the gym!!

This treadmills were a problem on the Gem's sister Jewel when she first came out. They have installed extra thick mats under the treadmills and the problem in no longer. Don't worry about it you will have a great cruise

I would be upset also.

Watch the upcoming Gem reviews and ask your questions.

Hopefully, they have improved this situation since the Pearl complaints.

Check VERY carefully!!! We just returned from what should of been a relaxing cruise on the POH....we were in AB Penthouse 11524...which was directly under the gym......FREE WEIGHTS!! Open 24 hrs a day....at 3am we would be awakened by the horrible noise of the weights being dropped on the floor, the walls literally vibrated, and we needed to sleep with earplugs. Also, it was just horrible during the day, so, if...you like to take afternoon siestas...you can't.....:eek:

We are staying on the Dawn 10/28/07 - in AB suite 11020 for 2 weeks and then again for 13 days 11/2/08...I will take good care of our room

Did you love it????

WOW...!!! YOU HAVE A LOT OF CRUISES PLANNED...!!!free-cute-smileys-457.giffree-cute-smileys-271.giffree-cute-smileys-368.gif

You are one LUCKY WOMAN......!!!!free-happy-smileys-195.gif

The AB 11020 on the Dawn is just a PERFECT CABIN....!!! It is in a PERFECT location, right off the elevator.

It is the "Jade Penthouse", which is one of my FAVORITE gemstones....

And, the paintings in the room are quite nice. There are the "Rat Pack" in the main living area. I call them the "Rat Pack" because they are of four man walking on a beach wearing suits and hats. The first time I saw them (in 2005) they reminded me of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford and Sammy Davis Jr. The "Rat Pack"....:D

And the painting in the big bedroom is quite peaceful, of a lighthouse.....

An AB, in my opinion, if it is in ones budget, is just THE BEST cabin to get.....!!!!

• 2 months later...
As I said before, DON'T book 11516, 11524 and 11530 and all Mini Suites in between those Penthouses have the problem with noise from the Gym. The others are absolutely quiet! By the end you are on a ship and noise can occur everywhere!

We are booked in AB 11512, so you think we will be fine, huh? I am sure of it!! I have never had any problem on any cruise I have taken that has ruined a cruise for me!!:) Any cruise is a good cruise, that's my motto and I'm sticking to it!!

Thanks,

Karen

Archived