mixers and jello shots?

LegalCat

i'm still a little green here. What do you mean by pre-order? Can you have it on the ship? Am I just dumb here?

Nope, your not just dimb here. You can call Carnival's Bon Voyage department and order bottles and they will be in your cabin waiting for you. Easy, a little expensive, but no worries about smuggling that way.

So im thinking... jello shots... you need jello powder, hot water, alcohol, little cups, and a fridge... well, we have at least one fridge in the cat 12... we will have alcohol.... we can bring jello powder and little cups... so all we need is hot water which we can get on the lido from where you make tea...

sounds like it would actually work... anyone see any holes in this plan? Anyone know anyone thats ever done it?

Some of the refrigerators do not get very cold. If you are not sure, you should plan on using a cooler, or else give yourself plenty of time for the jello to set.

Have you ever had pudding shots ( there the best). I don't know if you can do these on the cruise. You need a freezer. But here is the receipe to try at home.

1 sm pkg of chocolate or vanilla instant pudding

1/2 c milk

3/4 c bailys

1/2c vodka

8oz cool whip.

mix and pour into plastic shot cup with lids. Place in freezer

ENJOY THEY ARE THE BEST

Sending this to my sister and my sil. They both love jello shots.

Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread. I'm looking forward to trying this with my group on our next cruise.

I have to chuckle when I think of the look my 22 year old son will have on his face :eek: when I send him an invitation to join us for a suck & blow party on the Lido Deck.

Hey everyone!! I cant believe this thread is still active...

Let me tell you, the jello shots were such a major hit!!!!!!

We brought regular packets of jello powder, a plastic pitcher from the party store and small plastic cups...

We got hot water from the tea dispenser and mixed them up and put them in one of those beer buckets and covered them with ice, they set up very fast and were a HUGE hit...

Also, at least on the Fascination, the juice and fruit punch was available on deck all day, they just took off the little name plates off the front... but they still worked... so we just would go up and get a pitcher of juice when ever we ran out....

And yes, we got all the liquor from Carnival... I had all the girls chip in $30 each and we had more than enough for the whole time and had a lot of people from down the hall coming in for happy hour lol

[quote name='mustwork2cruise']TOOTHPICKS??? I use my tongue!;) We happened to have had about 200 last night here for my 40TH B-Day party. We had Green Apple Jello with Vodka, Green Apple with Rum, Strawberry with Malibu Rum, and Lime with Tequila. I believe there are 10 left. Yep -- Head hurts a bit!! :o
Heck -- I may have to take a few with me next week.[/quote]

Only 200 for a 40th party? And you had some left over? I made almost 500 for New Years, and they were gone in a flash! My favorite is Bacardi Gold and apricot jello. Vodka and orange jello is good, too (Fuzzy Navels).

If you use too much alcohol, the jello won't set properly. (but who cares!) We use the big jello packs: 2 cups boiling water mixed with jello powder, then add 1 cup cold water, 1 cup alcohol. Very smooth, but still very effective. ;)

sunchaser, I am having a huge amount of people here for Easter. It is also my brother and my DIL's birthdays. My DIL LOVES jello shots. She makes them for every ocasion. Matter of fact, for her b'day I bought her boxes of jello and Malibu with toothpics and little cups ;) How do you make the fuzzy navels? I think she would love that and I would love to surprise her with them. I have never made shots, so would appreciate a recipe if you have the time. Thanks! I want this to be a really cool b'day for her!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok - I was thinking of ways to ice down the shots and think I've hit on something. I'm going to use 2 oz condiment cups with lids. I'm packing a box with soda and water. Figure I can line the cardboard box with a plastic bag and layer ice and shots in there. Sure - the ice will melt at some point - but I figure the shots will be gone by then :D .

Do you think this will work?

That sounds good to me... i will tell you that we just had the room steward bring us a couple of those plastic white buckets from the beer in a bucket and they worked perfectly... we didnt layer ice in between we just filled them almost to the top with stacked condiment cups with lids on and put ice over the top...worked fine and the steward was nice enough to empty the water and recover with ice periodically :)

I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day. They had holders that looked like an ice cube tray, but you freeze the bottom part of it, then you can fill the top part of it with jello, or whatever, then has a cap to go on top :D I was in a rush so didn't look at them very closely, but I remember thinking those would be great for jello shots. So if you are ever in a BBB, maybe you can look for them. But that's another idea too. Go to the $ store and buy those mini ice cube trays, and put the jello shots in there. They are so little that they'd probably freeze up really quickly.

Archived