Ideas For Island Excursions W/9 Yr Old?

DKDL

We Are Going On The 10/13 Triumph Cruise. I Am Looking Forward To The Beach On Hmc, And Have Plans For St. Thomas, But Haven't Really Heard Too Much About San Juan. Would The Bacardi Tour Be Appropriate Or Interesting Enough For A 9 Year Old Boy?

Also, At Grand Turk My Husband Will Be On A Dive - Is It Safe For Me And My Son To Walk Around Or Hang Out At The Beach?

Would Much Appreciate Any Thoughts...

We Are Going On The 10/13 Triumph Cruise. I Am Looking Forward To The Beach On Hmc, And Have Plans For St. Thomas, But Haven't Really Heard Too Much About San Juan. Would The Bacardi Tour Be Appropriate Or Interesting Enough For A 9 Year Old Boy?

Also, At Grand Turk My Husband Will Be On A Dive - Is It Safe For Me And My Son To Walk Around Or Hang Out At The Beach?

Would Much Appreciate Any Thoughts...

.....if he/she was an alcoholic!

:eek:

Just off the Triumph, I took my 10 year old son to the closest Fort to the San Juan pier, San Cristobal, and walked around and read the displays. He enjoyed walking through the tunnels, looking at the barracks and displays, and walking around the top of the fort. I believe it was $3 for adults and free for kids. We then walked along the roads and did some shopping - there was much more shopping available than I was expecting.

Have a good time!

Hi

If I was the 9yr old I would go for one of the forts - either El Morro or San Cristobel.

Advantage of El Morro - there is a large grass area in front of the fort where people fly kites, which can be bought for a few dollars at the roadside vendors.

Advantage of San Cristobel - closer to pier.

There is a post on my blog that gives some more info on OSJ

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2007/05/pre-or-post-cruise-in-puerto-rico/

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

El Morro fort, also flying kites at the El Morro is fun to do with kids. Take them also to the Plaza de las Palomas (It is a park were people go to feed pigeons and birds, it is next to a historic church Capilla del Cristo, also at the historic district..kids and old people love to do this)

Archived