Puerto Vallarto Excursions ?

cjar855

Puerto Vallarto Excursions ?

Has anyone been to Yalepa in Puerto Vallarta. Not sure of the spelling. It is Where there is a waterfall in a wooded area. Is this Far? I think you have to get there by boat. I was thinking of the Las Caletas tour ,but i am afraid of getting seasick on the boat ride over. I hear it can be Pretty Choppy.

I own property in Puerto Vallarta and have been to both local's you were speaking of several times. They are both ONLY accessable by boat. I think Las Caletas is clsoser to PVR. Give or take there both a 2-3 hour boat ride each way. Not much to do in Yalapa, they hipe the hike to the waterfall a lot. Las Callestas is a favorite. Used to be John Huston's private estate. There's food, (an over priced hut for shopping, useless stuff don't waste your money). Water sports, food, and a gorgeous hilltop SPA looking over the cliffs. Very nice place to spend the afternoon. Bring your camera! I mostly went to Yalapa for the boat ride as its further south. I'm not prone to sea sickness so I have never thought the water around PVR is rough. You may want to bring something just in case.

Hope that help's,

PG

The boat ride to Yelapa usually includes stops by Los Arcos for snorkeling and a visit to another secluded beach before you make it to Yelapa. But I suppose there are boats that go only to Yelapa - I just haven't done "only" Yelapa.

All the boats stay in the bay, which is very calm. I am prone to sea sickness and have never become ill. I suppose there is always the chance of rough seas, but after several visits to PV, I have not experienced this. Suffice it to say, the trip to Yelapa is very enjoyable and usually half the cost of a trip to Caletas.

Most people ride horses up to the waterfall. It's a lot of fun, but I prefer to hike up the hill. It's only a 30 minute hike, less on horseback. Yes, I too agree the falls are over rated, as once you get there, it can get pretty crowded and it's not the kind of place you will want to stay long. There's a restaurant where you can get food and drinks. Unless you buy something, they won't let you sit down. I personally enjoy the short hike up to the falls. It's all up hill on the way over, but it's an easy hike...my 10 year old had no problems. On horseback, it's a piece of cake. I think they charge $12 round trip for a horse.

Hope this helps.

Just got back from P.V. on the Pride. We went on the Las Colitas trip & thought it was well worth the money. The boat trip is about 1 hr. each way & the crew is entertaining you the entire time. All the drinks (great bloody marys) & food is included. They take you to a private beach were you have lunch & can snorkle or kiak (also included) or just lay out. We had a great time!

Just got back from P.V. on the Pride. We went on the Las Colitas trip & thought it was well worth the money. The boat trip is about 1 hr. each way & the crew is entertaining you the entire time. All the drinks (great bloody marys) & food is included. They take you to a private beach were you have lunch & can snorkle or kiak (also included) or just lay out. We had a great time!

How was the ride over? was it rocky? How big of a boat is it? I am just woried about getting sick.

It was a large 2 deck catamaran. The ride was not rough at all. There were probably about 50 people on the tour. They have an early morning tour that leaves at 7:45, and an afternoon tour leaves about 11:30. We took the later one & by time we got there, the early one was getting ready to leave so we had the whole place to ourselves. We left the beach at 4:00 & got back to the Pride about 5:00.

Jmor: I Meant To Ask You About The Weather. How Was It The 1st 2 Sea Days Out And WAS There Rain At All In Puerto Vallarto. The Forcasts Look Scary. Seems They Say Thunderstorms Everyday.:eek:

We had great weather. When we left Long Beach, 8/15, it was a little cool & stayed that way until Monday afternoon. Then it started getting hot & humid, but not too bad. We saw some thunder storms in the distance a few time during the week (great light show) but it only rained on us a little in P.V. when we were getting back on board. it also got cool & windy Sat. on the way back. Any other questions, just ask.

Here is some information on Yelapa as well as a link to more specific information and pictures:

http://www.vallarta-info.com/yelapa.html

Here is a link of the tour we took the last time we were in P.V. - no Yelapa, but a very nice tour:

http://www.mexonline.com/cruisevallarta.htm

This should help you figure out which tour to take.

Archived