What port in Venice . . .

lawyerrose

There are at least 3 docking areas that are used for cruise ships in Venice. The one you dock at will depend on the length of time you are there and how many ships are in port.

When we were there last year for three days on the Prinsendam, we were docked at Bachino Stazione Maritima, along with a couple of other cruise ships. There was another ship that we could see at a dock a little west of us and one that was docked right on the waterfront a couple hundred yards west of Piazza San Marco. We were told that space is only available for a ship that is in port for a short day. It would be a really good spot to be docked. There was a water bus stop by their bow and they were a short walk from San Marco and all of the attractions around rhere.

Well, that's where I thought it would dock (on the island itself) but someone asked the question elsewhere on Cruise Critic and someone answered that they used the dock on the mainland. We are doing a Med cruise that then does a transatlantic next October. We pick up the ship in Venice. I can hardly wait!! But I don't want to be going to the wrong dock, as we'll be there a day early and won't be using HAL transfers.

Thanks for the responses. I can always count the HAL board!!:)

Archived