touring Auckland at end of cruise...Luggage?

baggirl0609

We disembark in Auckalnd early in the morning and our flight is not until 11:00 PM that night. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with luggage if touring the city on our own? Or any suggestions as to how to handle the day? All of the Princess tours will get us to the airport way too early.We really do not want to get to the airport until 8:00-9:00 PM.

Thanks for any help!

Suggest that you do a search of this forum. This subject has been discussed before and you might find your answer there. Just Search Forum for Luggage storage. Good luck!

I tried to find information regarding Auckland and my luggage situation by searching the thread but found nothing. Perhaps you can give me some help in locating that info. I am newish to the cc and would appreciate any help on this matter!

Barbara

Thanks sheila,

Do you know how far the airport is from the pier where we dock in Auk?Seems crazy to go to the airport twice in one day.

Perhaps a private tour will be the way to go.

The airport is about a 20 minute ride depending on traffic. We've had good luck asking at a hotel about leaving our suitcases there for the day and then tipping well. They were even willing to call an airport shuttle for us. You might try that but, if possible, a private tour that would drop you at the airport sounds great. Just remember that you probably need to be at the airport 2-3 hours before you leave...

We disembark in Auckalnd early in the morning and our flight is not until 11:00 PM that night. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with luggage if touring the city on our own? Or any suggestions as to how to handle the day? All of the Princess tours will get us to the airport way too early.We really do not want to get to the airport until 8:00-9:00 PM.

Thanks for any help!

If you are able to get a group together it is possible for pick-up shipside and drop-off Airport (with luggage). NZ$900 for 10 pax. Check www.nzpersonaltours.co.nz . Ian does a comprehensive tour taking in city sights, farming areas, vineyards, Waitakere Ranges and West Coast beaches.

An alternative is checking your luggage in with AIRBUS...there is a depot in Quay St across the road from the Ferry Building (I THINK you can leave luggage?!).....the shuttle runs every 20 mins to the Airport $15pp - you should allow 40 minutes and check-in 2-3 hrs prior to flt. However, then what will you do?:confused: Take a ferry to Devonport and browse....go to the top of SKYTOWER for the view and a meal. Visit the Parnell Shopping Village...go to Kelly Tarltons Underwater World.

Hope you can get a group together for the Day Tour :)

SMOOTH SAILING & HASSLE FREE DAY TOURS ;)

B E V

If you are able to get a group together it is possible for pick-up shipside and drop-off Airport (with luggage). NZ$900 for 10 pax. Check www.nzpersonaltours.co.nz . Ian does a comprehensive tour taking in city sights, farming areas, vineyards, Waitakere Ranges and West Coast beaches.

An alternative is checking your luggage in with AIRBUS...there is a depot in Quay St across the road from the Ferry Building (I THINK you can leave luggage?!).....the shuttle runs every 20 mins to the Airport $15pp - you should allow 40 minutes and check-in 2-3 hrs prior to flt. However, then what will you do?:confused: Take a ferry to Devonport and browse....go to the top of SKYTOWER for the view and a meal. Visit the Parnell Shopping Village...go to Kelly Tarltons Underwater World.

Hope you can get a group together for the Day Tour :)

SMOOTH SAILING & HASSLE FREE DAY TOURS ;)

B E V

Bev,

Thanks for the information.

I will check them out.

At this point there are only 2 of us and our flight is not until 11:00 PM.

Our roll call is not too active at this moment. Perhaps as time gets closer we could make arrangements with others.

We actually thought about taking a hotel room for the day.Then we would take a cab in the evening to get to the airport by about 8:00 PM and be able to have dinner in the sky tower.

Archived