Time zones

kimbakita

You will not know until you are onboard the ship. There is no standard way that they do the time changes, it varies from cruise to cruise and ship to ship. Look for it in the onboard schedule newsletter, it will tell you exactly how it will be done on your cruise.

On Carnival Pride, the ship time changed for one time zone (Cabo and Mazatlan), so in those two ports, ship time and local time were the same. When we were in Puerto Vallarta, though, ship time stayed on Mazatlan time, and did not change to Puerto Vallart time, which was one hour ahead.

I am guessing that most of the ships do the same thing, but I'm not sure.

I will be on the Golden Princess in January - I'm not sure how DST affects Mexico.:confused: However, in trying to book an independent whale watching tour in Cabo I will need to know if the ship will be on the same time as local time. Being it is a tender port & that we are only in port from 7AM to 2PM, the timing is crucial!:eek:

Archived