All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

More good news: Erick from Rhapsody will be the CD beginning Jan 6th. He has a great understanding of the "Galveston crowd."

Good, I do now recall that he said he would be back when we were on the last RH. Thanks for reminder, that will be good. We'll Texanize it soon.

LOL, I don't know if that's one of the tackiest things I've ever seen or if it's one of the greatest Marketing strategies I've ever seen, or both. Too funny.

Kind of reminds you of the stereotypical Texas Oil man driving his Caddie with the longhorns as a hood ornament. :rolleyes:

For better or worse, at least they are aware of the Texas market.

Good, I do now recall that he said he would be back when we were on the last RH. Thanks for reminder, that will be good. We'll Texanize it soon.

The crew is well on the way to Texanize! The waiters are practicing "Deep in the Heart of Texas", the gals behind the Guest Relation counter all have cowgirl hats, and everyone in the shops are greeting guests with "Howdy". Even Capt Gerry is adding some Texas songs to his act and promises to sing at least once a cruise. He had his show during the cruise and came back for the farewell show on the crossing. He has a great sense of humor. His noon announcements are way too funny.

More good news: Erick from Rhapsody will be the CD beginning Jan 6th. He has a great understanding of the "Galveston crowd."

Pete, when was Erik on the Rhapsody? I hope you don't mind, but I copied yuour horn picture and pasted it on another thread aboutt he Voyager

WE gave it a good start on the crossing--teaching crew y'all, fixin to, etc. They were very very receptive. Severla crew that we ran into were previously on Rhapsody & Splendour & so they already say y'all. I sure hope folks don't let us down as we told the crew that they were going to LOVE the passengers out of Texas. Y'all treat them right, ok????!!!

The crew is well on the way to Texanize! The waiters are practicing "Deep in the Heart of Texas", the gals behind the Guest Relation counter all have cowgirl hats, and everyone in the shops are greeting guests with "Howdy". Even Capt Gerry is adding some Texas songs to his act and promises to sing at least once a cruise. He had his show during the cruise and came back for the farewell show on the crossing. He has a great sense of humor. His noon announcements are way too funny.

He was great wasn't he Pete. Do NOT miss his noon announcements. Unfortunately we were not able to see his concert as we had a prior commitment with our table mates & stupidly stayed in the CL during the farewell show. I forgot about the Deep in the Heart of TExas song learning. I almost expected them to sing it the last night, but they didn't

Kind of reminds you of the stereotypical Texas Oil man driving his Caddie with the longhorns as a hood ornament. :rolleyes:

For better or worse, at least they are aware of the Texas market.

yeah but as a UT Longhorn, those are NOT longhorns, they may be long horns, but I think the sentiment is a wonderful one. & they are soooooooooo proud and excited about it.

Great! Sounds like a good start. If we can get mustard for the burgers, decent iced tea, and salsa for breakfast we'll be on our way!

Pete, I like to put your photo on my blog if thats OK. I love it. I've got longhorn cattle all around me out here in the country. BTW-since your from OK, you may appreciate that I'm in the Sooner Club of Central Texas. So I'm literally surrounded by longhorns and lots of aggies.

Great! Sounds like a good start. If we can get mustard for the burgers, decent iced tea, and salsa for breakfast we'll be on our way!

not sure about the mustard as I don't eat it, BUT the iced tea was VERY good and they already had salsa out at breakfast. We ran out of jalepenos during the 5 sea days and they had to get more in San Juan, so I think with 1/3 of the passengers on the crossing from Texas, they have a pretty good idea of what we want & were most accommodating

Pete, I like to put your photo on my blog if thats OK. I love it. I've got longhorn cattle all around me out here in the country. BTW-since your from OK, you may appreciate that I'm in the Sooner Club of Central Texas. So I'm literally surrounded by longhorns and lots of aggies.

The picture is public knowledge so I'm sure lots of people will have one. Enjoy! :)

I mentioned to some 3 stripe crew members that iced tea needed to be at cafe promanade and they looked at me like I was crazy. BUT! :p One of the water containers will be replaced by a cold tea dispenser! :D I'm so proud. It took a year for RH to put tea by the pool bar.

About salsa - they do have plenty of tabasco out but salsa had to be asked for. They are so happy to be in Galveston and working so hard to please it will be so cool on VY!

I don't remember when Erick was on RH. He is looking forward to getting the right acts in places like the pig & whistle and Scooner Bar. I asked him if he was in contact with Derick Lewis and he said Derick had signed a contract somewhere else. The 2009 season is still open though. Pure Country has been retired as far as VY is concerned. It would have to be completely re-worked to fit VY and so that "favorite" show is unlikely - for now.

I mentioned to some 3 stripe crew members that iced tea needed to be at cafe promanade and they looked at me like I was crazy. BUT! :p One of the water containers will be replaced by a cold tea dispenser! :D I'm so proud. It took a year for RH to put tea by the pool bar.

About salsa - they do have plenty of tabasco out but salsa had to be asked for. They are so happy to be in Galveston and working so hard to please it will be so cool on VY! They did have it at breakfast, saw it with my own eyes. It was in the British breakfast area--why there I do not know. I have to admit I did not taste it, but it sure looked like salsa to me. I stand corrected if I was wrong.

I don't remember when Erick was on RH. He is looking forward to getting the right acts in places like the pig & whistle and Scooner Bar. I asked him if he was in contact with Derick Lewis and he said Derick had signed a contract somewhere else. The 2009 season is still open though. Pure Country has been retired as far as VY is concerned. It would have to be completely re-worked to fit VY and so that "favorite" show is unlikely - for now.

with RCCL? I sure hope so. Derrick's act really would not work in the VY Schooner Bar tho, without some reworking. I have his e-mail address, I need to e-mail and ask him where he is going.

Oh what fun - Voyager is getting Texanized as we hoped!!! Glad the crossing was good and can't wait to get her on! The Horns were a riot. Hook Em!

One of the most "Texanized" things I saw was really exciting. The top 8 crew officers were out and about. If you wanted to know something or just say "Hi" there was almost always one around. Talk about laid back and approachable...... Captain Gerry and his upper staff attended the M&M (not so on RH) and the Captain offered bridge tours for raffle prizes. So heck with the mouse - you might win a bridge tour.

Your right, I don't take them as UT longhorns. ;):)

Glad you guys had such a good TA cruise. Looks like the Voyager is looking forward to a new USA home port.

you are soooooooooooooo funny, good one. Ok let me rephrase what I meant to say. The HORNS ON THE SHIP, are not replicas of longhorn livestock. look more like the horns you can get in mexico:p ;)

with RCCL? I sure hope so. Derrick's act really would not work in the VY Schooner Bar tho, without some reworking. I have his e-mail address, I need to e-mail and ask him where he is going.

He told me he wanted to do down under and Asia but after that he didn't say. Erick said he had spoken to Derrick about VY but he had signed "somewhere" else.

The salsa question is like some of the other stuff that goes on between the dinning room and the jammer. Sometimes, if you ask the right person, you can get alost anything. One time (on a different ship) I was told the tea machine was broken. The table beside me had tea! Oh well, those who really need it will probably get "it" whatever "it" is. :)

One of the most "Texanized" things I saw was really exciting. The top 8 crew officers were out and about. If you wanted to know something or just say "Hi" there was almost always one around. Talk about laid back and approachable...... Captain Gerry and his upper staff attended the M&M (not so on RH) and the Captain offered bridge tours for raffle prizes. So heck with the mouse - you might win a bridge tour.

That is exciting. Sounds like they want that "Friendliest Ship on the Seas" mantle that RH held.

Very very pleased with the reports.

that was neat wasn't it that he offerred the bridge tour as a prize. I just figured they were there since there were over 160 people signed up for the M&M, but you are right Pete, it was great that they came & I have never seen a Captain at one before. Heck, it's nice t get the CD there on others. they were very approachable. saw them everywhere--walking all over the place. Benny, the Hotel Director, even participated in the belly flop contest.

That is exciting. Sounds like they want that "Friendliest Ship on the Seas" mantle that RH held.

Very very pleased with the reports.

they have a good start as far as I am concerned. Wonder where that plaque is? surely RH didn't keep it up on the wall do you think? Actually, except for the top folks, when we were on VY last dec out of Miami, the crew was very friendly and out going. Captain Tiege was the Captain and he was very good, but not as personable as Captain Gerry.

Archived