All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

You meant to say back of the ship :rolleyes: Bet you are editing this one right now. My DW caught me making the same flip several times on board. I don't know why it is just so easy to do.

Thanks PETE, I didn't even catch that. Our next cruise is on the Vision, so I bet I will be confused on her too. I am glad you are keeping me correct!!!

Rhapsody and Splendour did that sometimes too. Last time we sailed on Splendour we turned around before we sailed. Read on the boards once about Rhapsody doing it. I guess it depends on the pilot bringing her in? It does seem like it would be easier to do in the daylight than in the wee hours, but I guess it's not really a visual thing anyway. It was sort of neat to be on board (and awake!) when it happened.

That was the exception tho, not the rule (about Rhapsody and Splendour).

But that wasn't my point. People were saying that Voyager was too large to rotate in the channel and would have to back all the way in. Yet she's pivoting no problem.

It seemed to take forever for her to turn around tho. I wanted to take a picture of her going by Seawolf park but had to go to work. :(

Hi Brenda - Maybe I can answer your questions. We just returned from the 12/30 sailing. We flew into Hobby and rented a car. We were staying two days prior to the cruise to enjoy Galveston. Cost for the car rental was $250.00. Moody Gardens parked our car in valet for free with a cruise package for the hotel. We took a taxi to a pier. Moody Gardens will also include free shuttle service to and from the pier but we didn't want to wait until 12noon to leave. We did find out transfers via taxi service was $90-120.00 total each way for 2-4 passengers. So the rental car was not a bad choice. Read the mini review that was posted. Debarkation was a long process for those that did not do the express departure. Even express departure was a wait. Took us an hour to get off the ship. Will be happy to answer any other questions

Has anyone heard anything about the weather being bad in the Western Caribbean? I read in the other thread that the itinerary had changed last week for Voyager of the Seas.

Sorry - I should have read everyone's questions. But YES the weather was bad on the 12/30 sailing. 15-20ft seas and we had to skip Progresso due to weather. I didn't mind because we stayed overnight in Cozumel which was a blast. Roatan was rain, Cozumel was rain, Sea Days were rain. We had one good day of sun and that was on the last sea day headed in. Note for those of you who are prone to motion...medicate...medicate...medicate..... we were 7th floor blacony on the hump and it was rocky.

Sorry - Note for those of you who are prone to motion...medicate...medicate...medicate..... we were 7th floor blacony on the hump and it was rocky.

:( We take meclizine on every cruise but was hoping for calm seas! We are also on deck 7 on the hump! How was your cabin?

Sorry - I should have read everyone's questions. But YES the weather was bad on the 12/30 sailing. 15-20ft seas and we had to skip Progresso due to weather. I didn't mind because we stayed overnight in Cozumel which was a blast. Roatan was rain, Cozumel was rain, Sea Days were rain. We had one good day of sun and that was on the last sea day headed in. Note for those of you who are prone to motion...medicate...medicate...medicate..... we were 7th floor blacony on the hump and it was rocky.

I was just wondering cause when we where on splendor in January.. the last day was very rocky.. and they kept on telling us that with voyager the boat should rock less.:eek: .. I am just hoping for better weather:) Thank you so much for the info.:)

Our cabin was 7318, right in the middle of the hump. It was a great location as for as the movement. We were in the spa getting massages when we left Roatan and it was one rough ride.

Our cabin was nice..bed was extremly comfortable..Shower is small compared to our normal JS rooms...our steward William was sweet but the worst steward we have ever had on a cruise. He never took our dirty dishes out. I kept placing them in the hall. He would only go into the room when the service key was in and sometimes wouldn't go in at all, had to request compasses, C&A book, towels, tipped him cash up front to keep ice in our room (NEVER happened) I finally went to to Ambassodor to get out coupon book. We even got the same days compass 3 times in a row. There is a fridge in the room (we called it shade as it wasn't really cold) hairdryer, some bath amenities, and a good size closet. Balcony had two chairs and a small table.

As far as the rocking I took Antivert on this trip. I was determined not to get sick and I didn't. I never felt queasy, I did however loose my equilibrium and still feeling it. The doctor said it might take a few days to get balanced back so I am waiting for that to happen. Antivert is available by prescription so I would strongly suggest it if you have any trouble with motion.

A few other notes for those of you who haven't read the posts on the mini review. Food was ok, not what I experienced before on VOS. Mostly cold, service was long (average of 2 hours + for dinner) We were the late seating and a few nights the doors were not opened until 8:45 as the first seating ran late. Windjammer was reliable, some food hot, other items cold. You just have to experiment. I would skip Johnny Rockets. Pizza in the Promenade every day was excellent and so were the sandwich selections. bar service we found in all locations was extremly slow. First round of drinks when we got on the ship took 10 minutes (no juiuce, no limes, no soda, etc etc etc)

I have to say I was surprised at all of the downsides on this ship. Having sailed her before out of Miami my first experience was one of the best vacations I have ever had, this one not so much...........I know weather had ALOT to do with the bad posts. If it were sunny even a few days more I wouldn't have cared about food, ports, nothing.....just being on the ship by the pool would have been fabulous. There are only so many bingo games and shopping shows you can go to when the weather sucks.:(

What room were you in? I am in an E1 on the 7th floor, at the front of the hump. What did you think of the location for a ship that size??

..... we were 7th floor blacony on the hump and it was rocky.

I will be in 7616 in 4 days! I'll let your know how it was when I get back!:D

Quick question about the skipped port. Cozumel is the first stop and Progresso is the last stop. How did they know Progresso would be skipped to keep you there overnight? Maybe I'm just confused or they changed the itinerary.

Does anyone have any balcony pictures of a Deluxe Balcony room on deck 6?

Is there really a difference in the openings on deck 6 vs deck 7?

I found a thread that discussed the difference in the Deck 6 balconies on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure. If you go down a few posts there is a picture of the outside of the Adventure where you can see how they're different on Deck 6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=651601&highlight=Voyager

For what it's worth, I don't think it's that big a deal.

Quick question about the skipped port. Cozumel is the first stop and Progresso is the last stop. How did they know Progresso would be skipped to keep you there overnight? Maybe I'm just confused or they changed the itinerary.

I wonder the same!

Hi Rob - We were on the Conquest together last feb, Still got your orange hat?

I wonder the same!

Hi Rob - We were on the Conquest together last feb, Still got your orange hat?

Hi, how are you? Of course I remember you. I do still have the orange straw cowboy hat. I'll be wearing it on our Voyager. That was so nice of you to recognize me in the terminal and come up and say hi.

Actually Roatan was our first port. We did the canopy zipline which in Roaton which was awesome (note the ship did not offer) by the time we got to the beach the storm was in. We skipped Progreso because of weather. Capt Gerry reported we could not enter the channel in such high seas and the trip to Progreso would have been terrible for everyone one board, so the decision was made to overnight in Cozumel.......from there on still horrible weather, 20ft seas, no sun, so THIS made for a very bad vacation. not VOS itself. I can enjoy a ship for 3-4 days but 6!!!! Sorry I am out. I am an outdoor person so being cooped up and unfortunately even on VOS I felt cooped up.

I know what you mean! The MUTS was one of our favorite things on the Grand Princess. We watched Monday Night Football, as well as movies during the day.

So I didn't realize when I booked my first cruise back in July for a 2/3/08 cruise date that it would be on Superbowl Sunday. I'm excited to see that y'all were able to watch football; my question is "will my teenage son be able to watch it with me?" I mean, do they show at a sports bar of sorts that is limited to adults, or is there a "family" area that he'd be able to watch it with me?

Many thanks!

Laura

I found a thread that discussed the difference in the Deck 6 balconies on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure. If you go down a few posts there is a picture of the outside of the Adventure where you can see how they're different on Deck 6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=651601&highlight=Voyager

For what it's worth, I don't think it's that big a deal.

Cindy,

I think you are right that it won't be a big deal the glass gets so dirty from the salt water anyway that you can't see out of it. I did check to see if there were any deck 7 cabins available and there hasn't been any so I think we will stay on deck 6. I will keep looking for a price break though. Thanks for all of your help. See you at the meet and mingle.

Archived