Butchard Gardens- Victoria

Mparis184

Can you pick up a tour bus to the Gardens near the pier?

I note that Gray Line has the double decker tours buses that leave from various hotels for a three hour tour and charges $33. The ship is charging $54 for 4 hours.

Has anyone ever done a tour to the Gardens on their own and not through the cruise line?

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/anim0035.gif[/img]

Queen of Bermuda 6/62
Carnival Paradise 3/99
Renaissance 4 2/01
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 2/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Sea 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04

They had a taxi at the dock that would take you to Butchard for $30, if you had 4 people that would be reasonable,but you would have to pay admission to the gardens and I am not sure if they wait for you or how you would get another taxi back once you were there..We walked to the Empress Hotel about a 20 minute walk from the dock or you can take a $5 shuttle. They have a tour bus out front of the hotel that took us to the gardens and back including admission for $30 per person...I have read where other people have done this cheaper, but this seemed reasonable to us and well worth the price..The bus even dropped us back at the dock to make sure we would not miss the ship..so this saved us on the price of a shuttle back from town or the hurried walk/run back..If you go into the Empress Hotel they will give you a $1 off per person, its not much, but is was a nice gesture I wasn't even expecting (I only went in asking how to catch the bus)..

It's $5.00 US or $7.00 CDN for the shuttle from the pier to the Empress and that is unlimited travel back and forth between the ship and the hotel - this service is provided by grayline so you might be able to save the shuttle cost if you buy your ticket from the driver at the pier.

Enjoy Victoria and your cruise

Dennis

Sun Princess to Alaska May 2000
Norwegian Sun Panama Canal 4/11/04
Norwegian Sun - Pacific Coastal 4/27/04

Archived