Excursion for a 4 year old....

medianeh

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a problem doing the stingrays with a 4 year old. My daugher was 5, when we did it. I held her on my hip the whole time and she loved it. She is not squemish about fish or the ocean, though, so that might be a big factor!!:)

We went on a tour through the ship that was an island tour with stops at turtles, butterfly & Hell. He liked the butterfly stop the most, he liked the turtles too but was scared of many of them (those huge ones when they get flapping can be intimidating! LOL). Of course he couldn't care less about going to see rock formations in "Hell" but enjoyed that stop as he got an ice cream cone! He LOVED that ice cream.

We considered including Sting Ray City but most folks think at least 5 is a better starting age. I know my 7 year old was even squemish and didn't want to do Sting Ray City where there was so much up close interaction (She saw them at the Key West acquarium and enjoyed that but she did NOT want to touch them.) For my almost 3 year old...if he was scared of turtles I KNOW he would have been scared of sting rays.

Archived