Ventura Maiden Cruise

Merlin Cruiser

I can't wait either - for someone to reply! This is an interesting question.

Where are you all!

Caryl

I am here rushing to your aid:D

The answer to the question is.................................................:confused:

I don't know:D

You may be better asking this over on P&O CC. Derek has been on maiden cruises but he only pops in occasionally.

P&O have had some problems on maidens but that is fine as you get money back free bars and discount off your next cruise if there is a problem:D.

I would be very upset if all went well:mad:.

Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

This 6 smiley limit is a pain in the ..............

I have been on two (plus the Maiden double crossings of the QM2, although the ship had been inservice for c.3 months).

The first was a maiden cruise, the previous Arcadia (now OV1) that had been transferred from Princess (a former Star Princess) and converted to "British" style cruising. Xmas 1997.

Cruise was spoilt by very poor and stormy weather other than a few days arond the Canaries.

The food was often tepid.

Got a £2,000 voucher off our next cruise after writing a letter to the MD telling him about our experiences. I was not seekng compo, so it came as a surprise.

~~

The second was Aurora's Maiden Voyage. April 2000 You may recall that the ship developed a major propulson fault during the first night and we limped back to Southampton returning after the second night.

There was a great atmosphere on board, about 30 mins after the 10.30am announcement, helped by the fact that the bars would be free of charge (I have never seen so many exotic cocktails being sank at 11:30 in the morning!), champagne flowed like a river during the Welcome Aboard/Farewell Cocktail Party, and wine was gratis at dinner.

The atmosphere was also boosted by the announcement that we would be getting our money back in full plus a voucher to the same value for a future cruise.

Only problem I had was having to repack the 9 cases we had unpacked the previou evening!

I rebooked Aurora whilst still onboard for the Sept Black Sea cruise and used the voucher for Aurora to Venice in May 2001.

~~

The QM2 crossings by far were the most succesfull, but the the ship had been bedded down for 3 months.

~~

If the VENTURA Maiden does not break down and the cruise terminated, I shall write to P&O claiming compensation (only kidding)

Archived