Won a "free" cruise????

happy cruzin

Anyone ever won a "free" Carnival cruise??? :confused: It is my understanding that it is a coupon to be used in the next year - for a 3 day - 2 night cruise to the Bahamas :D .

Anyone know how these typically work??? My guess it that it is not really "free" ;) - but I do not know where else to get info and the search function keeps timing out :( .

Did you win this one while onboard a Carnival Ship? or was it given to you by a Time Share Company?

We had one from a Time Share Company that didnt pan out, I had to select from 3 cruise dates for the Paradise, I selected the date I wanted from the 3 dates and submitted the form again, I didnt hear back from them and I had to spend many days calling them, no one would pick up, when they did it was an office assistance etc. Finally I demanded to speak to someone and they said that they lost my paperwork, what a scam. I had to pay 294.00 for Port Charges and Taxes which I got back immediately.

No cruise is free unless you got it from Carnival.

Fred

I won a free vacation to Hawaii one year, not a cruise but it did lure us back 3 more time. We were in Hawaii on 9/11(that was something we will never forget). Now we try to alternate vacations. One year a cruise and the other Hawaii.

Did you win this one while onboard a Carnival Ship? or was it given to you by a Time Share Company?

We had one from a Time Share Company that didnt pan out, I had to select from 3 cruise dates for the Paradise, I selected the date I wanted from the 3 dates and submitted the form again, I didnt hear back from them and I had to spend many days calling them, no one would pick up, when they did it was an office assistance etc. Finally I demanded to speak to someone and they said that they lost my paperwork, what a scam. I had to pay 294.00 for Port Charges and Taxes which I got back immediately.

No cruise is free unless you got it from Carnival.

Fred

Well that's kinda where I am too.

It actually was won as a prize in a golf tournament :rolleyes: - and I have not actually seen the coupon yet. But when it was awarded they were told a 'free cruise to the bahamas' so I'm just trying to get an idea of what "free" might mean :eek: .

While on a Girlfriend Cruise last year with my best friend for the past 20 years, my friend bought a raffle ticket last minute... as luck would have it, her number was drawn. She was awarded a cruise up to a 7 night cruise to anywhere to be taken within the a year in a 6a oceanview cabin. What they did was when her number was drawn and she was identified as the winner, she was given a notorized form declaring her the winner. About 6 weeks letter she received further information in the mail from Carnival which included a claim number. Her year began after she received the claim number. When she decided when and where she wanted to go, she called Carnival and gave her claim number and the date of her desired trip and they booked it for her. She had to pay the government taxes and she will need to claim it on her federal income tax return as a gift. Being the wonderful friend that she is, we are going on our 2nd girlfriend trip in March using of her free trip. We are also taking her daughter and we only have to pay the third person rate for the third person.

While on a Girlfriend Cruise last year with my best friend for the past 20 years, my friend bought a raffle ticket last minute... as luck would have it, her number was drawn. She was awarded a cruise up to a 7 night cruise to anywhere to be taken within the a year in a 6a oceanview cabin. What they did was when her number was drawn and she was identified as the winner, she was given a notorized form declaring her the winner. About 6 weeks letter she received further information in the mail from Carnival which included a claim number. Her year began after she received the claim number. When she decided when and where she wanted to go, she called Carnival and gave her claim number and the date of her desired trip and they booked it for her. She had to pay the government taxes and she will need to claim it on her federal income tax return as a gift. Being the wonderful friend that she is, we are going on our 2nd girlfriend trip in March using of her free trip. We are also taking her daughter and we only have to pay the third person rate for the third person.

Well...that sounds promising.....

Well that's kinda where I am too.

It actually was won as a prize in a golf tournament :rolleyes: - and I have not actually seen the coupon yet. But when it was awarded they were told a 'free cruise to the bahamas' so I'm just trying to get an idea of what "free" might mean :eek: .

First of all, thats soo cool that you won a golf tournament, but as for what "Free might mean", its means you need to come out of pocket about 294.00 for port charges and taxes. :D

First of all, thats soo cool that you won a golf tournament, but as for what "Free might mean", its means you need to come out of pocket about 294.00 for port charges and taxes. :D

Ohhhhhh...not me!! I don't golf :o - but my Mom does! She is actually the one who won the certificate.

Yes, me....!! :) I am 4 days from sailing on my first true 'win' ever. A cruise.

I won mine thru a contest sponsered by "Chicken Soup for the Soul". I had written an essay. The topic was my favorite travel moment memory. Apparently out of all the entries...they loved mine the best.

I received the call from their LA offices about August 28 and we sail October 14 on the Valor. The only thing not included was my airfare. Lucky for me I got a 'ding' on SW 4 days after my phone call for $59 each way from Ohio to FLL.

I am so excited...I have never won anything...ever.

Esmerleda

We got a "free" cruise through a time share. While it sounds good they limited the timeframe so much that there was only like 2 dates that we could have actually used it. They required that we pay the port fees and taxes and we could only "request" a date - nothing was guaranteed. Needless to say we never used it.

Yes, me....!! :) I am 4 days from sailing on my first true 'win' ever. A cruise.

I won mine thru a contest sponsered by "Chicken Soup for the Soul". I had written an essay. The topic was my favorite travel moment memory. Apparently out of all the entries...they loved mine the best.

I received the call from their LA offices about August 28 and we sail October 14 on the Valor. The only thing not included was my airfare. Lucky for me I got a 'ding' on SW 4 days after my phone call for $59 each way from Ohio to FLL.

I am so excited...I have never won anything...ever.

Esmerleda

Congrats!!! The most important thing to remember on the Valor is to save room for the Chocolate Trio dessert in Scarlett's Super Club.:D

We got a "free" cruise through a time share. While it sounds good they limited the timeframe so much that there was only like 2 dates that we could have actually used it. They required that we pay the port fees and taxes and we could only "request" a date - nothing was guaranteed. Needless to say we never used it.

True about the port fees and taxes...our offer was to sail in late Aug early Sept. during hurricane season:eek: .

Archived