Christ Church - Antartic Center

GGCHAMBERS2

I posted before but had the wrong town.
Thats what we are here for :) and Im sure I will get help if I headed your way

It is right beside the airport. You can catch any bus heading to the airport and it will have to go past it.

The public "Airport Flyer" red bus leaves from it's stop in Cathedral Square every 20 mins. It is a quick 15 min ride out to the airport with a stop a minute away from our door. Returning to the city on the Airport Flyer is easier .. the bus calls right at the Attraction's door to pick up city-bound passengers.
A taxi from memory is just over $20NZ from the city centre.

I loved it but I am into that kind of stuff so will be a little biased

the Hagglund ride rocks ... get the combo ticket

again the URL

http://www.iceberg.co.nz/

*edit* Bus fare http://www.redbus.co.nz/new-zealand/fares/ *edit*

they also have their own little bus that can take you there. It is easy to spot as it has huge penguin cutouts on tops.

we enjoyed our time there but felt due to our limited time and other things we wanted to see we could have stayed much longer.

we also did the hagglund ride kids loved it.

we did this ourselves after getting the shuttle to the city centre. It drops you right at the tourist information centre

Hi Gerry,

We are planning to do the Antarctic Centre and the Hagglund Ride on our own. As Seniors, the costs will be $46.00 NZD p/p (that's for the Attraction & Ride). The folks at the Antarctic Centre do reccommend making reservation especially the Hagglund Ride. Can be a bit crowded if a cruise ship is in.

Homer

Please be aware that the hagglund ride is very rough and bumpy. you drive up and down very steep terrain. we didnt take 77 year old MIL on the ride and were glad we didn't.It certainly throws you around.

I see you mention you are seniors but these days that can cover a whole range of ages and abilities. No offence meant

Please be aware that the hagglund ride is very rough and bumpy. you drive up and down very steep terrain. we didnt take 77 year old MIL on the ride and were glad we didn't.It certainly throws you around.

I see you mention you are seniors but these days that can cover a whole range of ages and abilities. No offence meant

None taken....52 years ago, while serving in the U.S. Navy, had a chance to apply for Operation "Deep Freeze". Some how I'd missed that boat. Now given a chance to ride the Hagglund, I'll see what I missed.

Hi:

We visited the Antartic Center March of this year, while cruising on the Sapphire Princess. It was a tour we booked thru the ship and it was very interesting. They had one room you put on a "snow suit" because you then go inside a cold room for the "Antartic" experience. We had a lot of fun there but we didn't do the "bumpy" ride.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

We did it on our own several years ago and loved it. Learned a lot...did not find the 'ride' difficult and enjoyed our pictures and telling our grandkids about it. We were not on a cruise so took a taxi there on our way to the airport...no problem with that either.

Archived