message for crusinmama06 re: Sensation

Mom2Annaliese+Charlie

Hi there,

I just saw your post from August 25 regarding your voyage on the Sensation. We are planning a trip in early March and I have a some questions for you if you don't mind.

I noticed you stayed in the CAT 12 suite aboard...we are a party of 5 DD 4, DS 2, DD (will be 6 months) What is the suite like?

When you visited Our Lucaya were you able to use the restrooms and change rooms? Do they have lockers?

Which tower did you book at the Atlantis? I was looking at all three and it appears the Beach Tower is closest to the beach and there are lots of things for my kids to do there...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ok let me see if I can try and answer these.

Yes we did Sensation. We loved the suite. Very happy with the size of it. Our cabin attendant was wonderful. Our servers were wonderful. The other passengers SUCKED...lol. It was a late August cruise, someone defecated in the kid's pool, so no pool for the only sea day. There was garbage thrown all over the ship (like apple cores on the stairs). I felt bad for the crew.

Here is the suite....U70 (our friends had U74 and it was exactly the same)

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1189-1.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1197-2.jpg

IMG_1217-1.jpg

To continue (they only let you post 5 pics per post...lol)

Our Lucaya. BEAUTIFUL! I would do that again. We took a taxi from the port ($5 per person I believe). On the way back, a LIMO took us back to the port for the same price...lol. The kids got a kick out of that.

The beach is nice. You can't use the pool (obviously) but there is a pool snack bar/patio (and bar) right there and you can order food. And the restrooms are right next to the snack bar. There is a sign on the door that says it is for "guests of the hotel only" but no one was stopping anyone from going in.

Our Lucaya Beach...

878783-R1-25-25A_026.jpg

878783-R1-17-17A_018.jpg

878783-R1-24-24A_025.jpg

Atlantis Paradise Island

We stayed at Beach Tower this last time. If at ALL possible, get Coral Tower. You check in at Coral Tower. You get the taxi at Coral Tower. Beach Tower is just a heck of a walk. It is actually the furthest away. Now usually Beach Tower is the one that has the lowest rates, so if you are just using it to get guest access and have a place to change, then Beach Tower is fine. If you can get an upgrade to Coral Tower, then do it.

Here are some of the kid things to do at Atlantis. We've been there twice so far and STILL haven't seen it all. We move from water area to water area and we still have some we haven't seen yet.

878783-R1-11-11A_012.jpg

878783-R1-10-10A_011.jpg

878783-R1-09-9A_010.jpg

878783-R1-08-8A_009.jpg

878783-R1-04-3A_005.jpg

Thank you so much for the photos! You are so wonderful to do that. We got married at the Our Lucaya 5 years ago in December just the two of us. We thought we would return again to reminise with our now family of five!

I love the idea of the Atlantis and we will probably go there. I saw an article about the Sheraton Cable beach Resort...have you been there or heard if it's good for kids?

Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for the photos! You are so wonderful to do that. We got married at the Our Lucaya 5 years ago in December just the two of us. We thought we would return again to reminise with our now family of five!

I love the idea of the Atlantis and we will probably go there. I saw an article about the Sheraton Cable beach Resort...have you been there or heard if it's good for kids?

Thanks again!!

Nope we've never been to Sheraton Cable Beach. I did look into cable beach itself and found it is a free public beach with no restroom facilities (my friends were going to go there instead of Atlantis on our last cruise). So if it's possible to get a daypass to use the facilities at Sheraton for not alot of money, then that would be a nice option. :)

Archived