Weather in December?

moonbmn53

My next trip is on the Majesty sailing from Charleston on December 8, 2007. I have never cruised this late in the year and don't know what to expect in the way of temperature. Can someone who has cruised to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in December help me out?

Moonbmn53

We are also on this cruise :o I was wondering the same thing after printing the cruise docs this evening! Guess I had better re-think what to wear for a day in Charleston before the trip. No matter what I am sure it will be warmer than Boston.

Thanks so much for the info. I've been trying to decide long or short sleeve and how "tropical" to go with my clothes.

At the most, I'd take maybe a light jacket. In fact, we always welcome an afternoon shower. In the winter, it seems like it showers most afternoons (just briefly), and it just cools things down a bit. One night the local weather guy was just having fits because it was going to drop into the upper 70's. :)

I wouldn't wear a long-sleeved shirt. I'd think you'd be too hot. I'd carry a light jacket or sweater if you think you need something, but we've never worn anything but summer clothes while we are there.

It's never been that cold in December (or Jan or Feb for that matter) when we've been there, and I'm glad! However, it would not surprise me it there were times when the temp may drop into the upper 60's at night, but we've not seen that. :) There's nothing like taking a stroll along 7MB in the night. One night we saw a cruise ship off in the distance. It's magical there...we just love it.

Our first visit to GC was on a cruise ship, and the weather in Cozumel was pretty brisk, whereas the weather in Cayman was really warm. We were in GC once when a huge storm blew in, and OMG, the water was lapping across the main street in George Town.

From the Weather Channel:

Averages high/low for Dec in Grand Cayman is 83/75

Averages high/low for Dec in Cozumel is 82/68

I'd check out the weather channel online, while on the ship, because of what leprechaun2 posted. If you're at all concerned, bring along a sweater. Fortunately we've never needed ours (knock on wood). :)

Archived