Tried the Spa while onboard the Carnival Victory

jrmende63

I got my nails done at my usual Salon before my 9/15/07 cruise. I noticed while drying under the black light, I had "bubbles" in the layers of polish. I knew the nail polish would probably come off...well it did! Right when I went into the cruise terminal at NYC. I went to the Spa shortly after lunch and made an appt for a manicure. I did not even ask about price! I got an 8AM appt ( I thought I would sleep in some, since our 1st port was not until 11am! ...YAH right!) I had a really nice manicure. I am a RN with my hands in alcohol gel and water all the time, it plays havioc with my cuticles. The manicurist suggested Milk bath and frangipani oil to help my cuticles. I said ok ( she was soaking my hands in it and it felt so good!) I did not ask the price of the 2 products...WOW sticker shock! Milk bath 66.00 and Frangipani oil 48.00. I did buy them though, and although very expensive, they do work. I think they will last a LONG time though, you only use a teeny amt.

I also had my hair cut while I was in the SPA. She did a fantastic job and did not try to sell me any products.

So now my problem is I'm hooked on the SPA and have to spend more $$ my next cruise! I won't do my nails before I go...I will just wait for the ship!

Oh another problem is they put a sample tube of marine collegen cream ( tightens up my loose skin from my previous 2nd chin!) works great...looked at the price online :eek: 124.00 for a jar:eek:

How can they expect me to save $$ for my cruises when they are hooking me on the expensive products??? LOL

( no I have not ordered the cream yet...but boy I like not having a wrinkled previous 2nd chin! I lost 50 pounds...so the fat went away from the 2nd chin...but not the skin!)

So do I order the cream? What would you do?

An added bonus to the SPA visit was Whales! We saw lots of them beside the ship!

I so enjoyed your post. If you think the cream will work, go for it! $125 is a lot of money, but if it works it will be priceless. Shoot, it's no more than a nice pair of shoes. Let us know!

Thanks Debbers, you are right! I have paid 200 for shoes before!

Archived