Parking at Brisbane Port

suey

Someone at work was telling me that a friend of theirs is cruising on the Star shortly and that they are leaving their car in the underground car park for the week. I did not think that this would be allowed (although I can't remember seeing any signs regarding "no long term parking allowed". I was just wondering what other people felt about this??? :confused:

There is parking under at port in Brisbane as we just came off the Star this morning although be aware that you will wait till the end of the passengers to disembark. We always park with Priority parking and we got off 4th I think it was and the ship was in at 6pm and we were off the Star by 7am and home at 8am. Very efficient service all round. Really impressed!

No, the parking at Portside isn't long term - it's basically only for the cinema, shops etc.

Do you know what would happen if you parked there all week?? Just curious for future reference.:)

There is parking under at port in Brisbane as we just came off the Star this morning although be aware that you will wait till the end of the passengers to disembark. We always park with Priority parking and we got off 4th I think it was and the ship was in at 6pm and we were off the Star by 7am and home at 8am. Very efficient service all round. Really impressed!

6pm or 6am????

Do you know what would happen if you parked there all week?? Just curious for future reference.:)

Not sure... I'm pretty sure I've seen signs there stipulating no long term parking. Maybe towed away??

I'd also be concerned about security - it wouldn't be hard to work out what cars were there for an extended period and that it might be a while before the owners notice if it's gone missing.

You could ask Staceymyrow as she parked in the parking at the portside. I did hear another couple onboard parked there as they were concerned as it did say no long term parking (meaning for cruises!) and she felt they would be towed away. I wouldnt think the security was great. I know thats why we always use Priority parking and they are only at Hamilton and they drive you to port in the bus and are there waiting for you when you arrive off. You also get bumped up to Red1 to get off the ship without waiting! This was a bonus of being home 2 hours after the ship docking!You might pay but we use them when we fly and your car is always SAFE

Archived