Excursion choice based on # Cruise Boats in Port?

Curious about cruises

It will be crowded, but it's worth it to see the stingrays. I'd probably book something on my own, rather than through the ship. We always use Captain Marvin's, but there are many other great tour operators in GC. I'd probably choose one that works best with the time I will be on the island.

Six o'clock is pretty early to be in port. You need to figure out what time ship time vs. island time will be. GC doesn't observe Daylight Savings. The tour operators should know what time your ship will be in port.

There are 6 boats scheduled to be in Grand Cayman on the day my boat is there. One boat comes in at 6am and 3 (including mine) at 7 am. Two other boats after that. How should this affect my port excursion decisions? Can I get to StingRay City before the mass throng of 1000's of other cruisers?

How do you find out how many ships will be in port on a given day?? That could be very useful information!

Number of cruise ships in a given port on a given date can be determined by looking up the port and date on cruisecal.com.

And please :) - they are ships, not boats.

after my dad came back from a cruise i said how was your boat he said it is a ship boats do not have captains :)

does cruisecal tell you what time they are in port or just what is in port? if it does say time where? i want to see i know there at 6 ships while i am there to and i want to see the times

To be a bit more specific, if you search cruisecal.com by port, it will show you a monthly calendar listing which ships are in that port on each day. If you click on the number of the specific date in the calendar grid, and then scroll down, the arrival times are shown for each ship, but not the departure times. If you click on the little arrow next to each ship in the date on the calendar grid, it shows that ship's arrival and departure time. Bear in mind that of course arrival and departure times are always subject to change due to weather, mechanical problems, etc.

Archived