Sea Princess and UK cruising

Beyondships

I recently spoke with the head of marketing for Princess Cruises UK about Sea Princess and Princess' approach to the U.K. cruise market. Essentially, they see a market in Britain for cruises that are less formal than P&O and Cunard but still luxurious. Of course, RCI is also competing for these customers. I thought I would share it with you.

http://www.beyondships.com/SeaPrincess-AmericanLuxury.html

I hope you find it interesting.

It seems that the link is incorrect

and actually Princess sees the UK market as a cash cow .........both the high prices and the terms of booking ........loss of deposits etc are painfull

USA folk get a far better deal on all lines plus of course penalty free cancellation right up to final payment

Beyondships,

Thank you for the link to your very informative article. We were among the Americans on Sea Princess in June. This was our 16th cruise on Princess, and among our favorites. We loved traveling with so many passengers from the U.K. We learned more about the U.K. from conversations on board ship, at leisurely shared breakfasts and lunches in the dining room (no Horizon Court for us!), than we did during the week we spent in London after the cruise. The itinerary was wonderful, and as always, we enjoyed the amenities of a Princess ship. We would do this cruise again in a heartbeat!

Cheers,

Joan

and actually Princess sees the UK market as a cash cow .........both the high prices and the terms of booking ........loss of deposits etc are painfull

USA folk get a far better deal on all lines plus of course penalty free cancellation right up to final payment

Thanks for the link, the article was very interesting but I agree totally with the above comment.

Sue

Archived