Inspiration Waterworks Pictures

Rangervr6178

Ranger: (off topic, sorry) You were absolutely correct about Ria (Club O2 Director on the Victory). She was a precious treasure!!

You will appreciate this....

Club O2 up by the Spa was being dismantled in preparation for the drydock later this month. (They are cutting the space in half and giving it to Camp Carnival).

So Ria was out of her usual space. PLUS there were 5 different huge groups using all the secondary spaces all day and night throughout the ship.

PLUS there were only 6 kids that were 15-17 and 2 of them were girls whose parents really gave Ria a hard time because (and I quote) .... "they did not pay all this money for their 2 girls to party with some retarded kid". (our son has autism) These 2 girls were disappointed that there were no "hot guys" to party with at Club O2. (After looking at both of them, I predict they will be pregnant and living in a trailer park by the age of 18.)

So Ria had to set up and break down all the Wii, XBOX, Playstation etc equipment every afternoon and every night. (when she could finally find a spot to set it up)

As it turned out, the other 5 kids decided not to participate in Club O2 ...so Ria did all of this for our son. She not only watched him play. She was right there playing all those games with him and became his instant best friend.

They would wreck each other and pick at each other like they were brother and sister. Our son had the cruise of a lifetime.

I had to tell him that this was not always going to be the case...that this was indeed a once in a lifetime experience.

And he said "I know Mom. You don't always get a pearl when you open an oyster, but I sure did this time!" Ria has a friend for life!!!

Chris always has our glowing report and I can't wait to write Vicki expressing the wonderful job Ria did and our gratitude at her energy and dedication to her profession!!!

BTW< we heard that they are going to combine the Camp Carnival and Club O2 stuff....just wondering if you had heard how that is going to work?

Was everything up and running ? No one was in the pictures. We booked the imagaination 2 weeks after its dry dock so I want to make sure that it will be up and running. It looks like fun and I like the smaller waterslide, I may actually go down!

The Imagination has not gone in for its drydock yet.

The Inspiration has and on its first cruise, the Waterworks area in the back was not finished yet. (The back area was blocked)

Hopefully, that won't be the case with the Imagination. We are sailing on her the end of January. (B2B)

The Imagination has not gone in for its drydock yet.

The Inspiration has and on its first cruise, the Waterworks area in the back was not finished yet. (The back area was blocked)

Hopefully, that won't be the case with the Imagination. We are sailing on her the end of January. (B2B)

Hi my fellow Autism CCer's parent. I know the Imagination hasnt gone in yet, but Im trying to gauge if the Imagination's will be ready when we sail. They had said Inspiration should be up and running today so Im hoping that is the case so when we sail the Imagination 2 weeks after Dry dock it will be ready by then. Gosh does that make sense :) You know how it goes with change and an Asperger child :)

:p Thank you so much. I have been waiting for these. I have 2 cruises booked on the Inspiration next year and was dying to see the waterworks. Not quite how it looked on Carnival, but still looks great.

Thanks again. You have made our day.

I am also wondering about Camp Carnival and the teen Club 02. Does anyone know if they will be having 2 seperate areas? I am considering booking a cruise on the Inspiration, but I would also like to know how this would work for my 3 kids who will be 8,13 and 15. Any info would be appreciated!

i thought the picture on carnival.com had 3 racer slides. i wonder why they only put 2.

So how many cruises has the Inspiration been on where the WaterWorks didn't work? i am SO glad I didn't have a kid on that ship!! How painful is that for a 5yo to walk past that the whole trip and not be able to use it??

i thought the picture on carnival.com had 3 racer slides. i wonder why they only put 2.

Sounds like an design issue, they might have run into some problems with 3 lanes, which could have caused them delays in other areas...again that is purely a guess:) Then again 2 lanes are better for racing :p

Hi my fellow Autism CCer's parent. I know the Imagination hasnt gone in yet, but Im trying to gauge if the Imagination's will be ready when we sail. They had said Inspiration should be up and running today so Im hoping that is the case so when we sail the Imagination 2 weeks after Dry dock it will be ready by then. Gosh does that make sense :) You know how it goes with change and an Asperger child :)

Hi there!!!

It sounds like (unless they do a better job on the Imagination refit) that it will take a couple of weeks past drydock to complete.

If Charleston is doing the Imagination refit as well...perhaps it will go smoother now that they have one "under their belt" so to speak.

I know the Victory is going to Charleston for its drydock....but I don't know if the Imagination is going there. It would make sense to have the same shipyard do all the refits...so that they "already" know what pitfalls to look out for.

Our little (16 years old) AS child loves cruising. He has even "adjusted" to Funship Freddie (mascots cause panic attacks). But we have used Freddie over the years to teach him how to compensate by removing himself from the situation safely.

He went down the slide for the first time. He is learning to take himself back to the cabin and let himself in. We allow him to leave after dinner about 5 minutes before we do, so he can practice.

The only other problems we have is the Muster Drill. You know how AS kids also love crowds, congestion, loud noise and chaos!! But we make sure we are the last to arrive.

I thought we were going to have a problem on the last leg of our flight home. He started having a panic attack about flying. (He flies a lot...and sometimes it bothers him and sometimes it does not.) Thankfully, we got it resolved before we had to board. But I know...one of these days....we will be stuck at the Tallahassee Airport, Hair Care and Tire Center because the plane is to small. :)

Sounds like an design issue, they might have run into some problems with 3 lanes, which could have caused them delays in other areas...again that is purely a guess:) Then again 2 lanes are better for racing :p

I believe you are right I will never forget the Spirit and Pride having to have their slide reconfigured because they were to fast. This design flaw was caught before the Miracle and Legend came out. It took years to get it fixed on the Spirit and Pride.

Cool:cool: is there an age limit or do i have to lie and say i'm 8, just big for my age;)

I have always seen a height "minimum" for their slides but never a "maximum"...so I would guess you are safe~!!~

Hi there!!!

It sounds like (unless they do a better job on the Imagination refit) that it will take a couple of weeks past drydock to complete.

If Charleston is doing the Imagination refit as well...perhaps it will go smoother now that they have one "under their belt" so to speak.

I know the Victory is going to Charleston for its drydock....but I don't know if the Imagination is going there. It would make sense to have the same shipyard do all the refits...so that they "already" know what pitfalls to look out for.

Our little (16 years old) AS child loves cruising. He has even "adjusted" to Funship Freddie (mascots cause panic attacks). But we have used Freddie over the years to teach him how to compensate by removing himself from the situation safely.

He went down the slide for the first time. He is learning to take himself back to the cabin and let himself in. We allow him to leave after dinner about 5 minutes before we do, so he can practice.

The only other problems we have is the Muster Drill. You know how AS kids also love crowds, congestion, loud noise and chaos!! But we make sure we are the last to arrive.

I thought we were going to have a problem on the last leg of our flight home. He started having a panic attack about flying. (He flies a lot...and sometimes it bothers him and sometimes it does not.) Thankfully, we got it resolved before we had to board. But I know...one of these days....we will be stuck at the Tallahassee Airport, Hair Care and Tire Center because the plane is to small. :)

:) talked to my pvp . He said the glitch that happened on the Inspiration "wont " happen on the Imagination so we will see. They have 2 full weeks AFTER dry dock to complete any thing else not done. The new pictures Look amazing! And it did open up less than 2 weeks after DD so hopefully all will be well.

My son doesnt mind flying but obsesses about his earplanes. Southwest lets us preboard before anyone else- No lines etc so wonderful. Now if we could just do something different about the muster drill :rolleyes: We make it a gam eof covering his ears for the horn blasts and he has done better

Archived