Pool Deck movies?

beach410

Victory goes into drydock 10/21 - 11/04 and should get it. What do they usually play on them during the day?

During the day its more like a huge screensaver. They will show various images(underwater, landscapes...) without sound.

The cruise director will also use it during some of the lido deck events.

I have heard that the Conquest will be adding them within the next 12-18 months, but who knows?

I've been told the same thing... within the next 12 months...

I'm hoping that it'll be installed before my next cruise on her at the end of September '08!

I've been told the same thing... within the next 12 months...

I'm hoping that it'll be installed before my next cruise on her at the end of September '08!

Me too, although ours isn't until 12-28-2008. Oh well, guess I'll have to live vicariously through everyone else until then....but I do have my confirmation papers to drool over until then! Thank heaven's they send charming little, why don't you finish paying for this cruise letters every three days, that way I can drool and toss....drool, sob and toss, sob, put an X on the calendar, drool and toss....you get the picture!:rolleyes:

Dry Dock for the Conquest says it's 8/24/08-9/06/08 maybe that's when they will add the Screen?

John Heald told me the same thing... I suspect that's when the 22 foot screen will go in...

In fact, that's one of the reasons I booked when I did... 28 Sept 08... let 'em work the bugs out!!

:D

What about movies at nite? I heard on Princess the pools are open and you can watch from the pool. Is it the same on the Liberty? And popcorn???

On Liberty I don't think the pools were open, I seem to remember them already being covered with the netting, but the two hot tubs were open.

Popcorn $1.00 + tax on your Sail n' sign at the Lido pool bar. I would have liked some melted butter on the top for mine.

What are the shows or movies shown on the big screen? and what time does it start?

When we cruised last Dec, the movie at night was "Click" w/ Adam Sandler, which had been released earlier that summer, so figure movies about 6 months old maybe? And the movie started at 10pm - I think maybe so people w/ a late dinner seating could still catch the movie?

What is the sound like on the deck? Are there people partying nearby making noise?

The sound was turned up fairly loud so even when people were talking, it wasn't too bothersome.

On a side note - the chairs with the blankets were soooo comfy, it made it very difficult to stay awake -- A lot of people just curled up and fell asleep!

When we cruised last Dec, the movie at night was "Click" w/ Adam Sandler, which had been released earlier that summer, so figure movies about 6 months old maybe? And the movie started at 10pm - I think maybe so people w/ a late dinner seating could still catch the movie?

Thanks for the info, I like to catch a good movie one night.

Fred

What are the shows or movies shown on the big screen? and what time does it start?

Fred

Fred,

On the Liberty in june we saw:

Mission Impossible 3

Superman Returns

Talledega Nights

The Guardian

Indiana Jones

The DaVinci Code

Most movies started in the 8-10pm times.

Bill

On Liberty I don't think the pools were open, I seem to remember them already being covered with the netting, but the two hot tubs were open.

Popcorn $1.00 + tax on your Sail n' sign at the Lido pool bar. I would have liked some melted butter on the top for mine.

How cheap is that, that they actually charge for popcorn!

Archived