CCL Shares

MICKRICE1945

Hi Carnival friends,

This is what I know about Carnival stock shares and the benefits that go along with them:

1) You need to own a minimum of 100 shares of stock to qualify for the OBC.

2) For 7+day cruises, you receive $100 OBC. For 3-5 day cruises, you receive $50 OBC.

3) The OBC is per cabin, not per person, One poster said that he and wife have shares in their own names.....so when traveling with grown children and booking 2 cabins, they do so with one in each cabin to benefit from the OBC.

4) The level of OBC does not change with the amount of shares. ie.....if you own 1,000 shares of Carnival Cruise Lines.....you still receive $100 OBC for a 7-day cruise.

The one part I don't know yet......is how to confirm your stock ownership so that you receive the OBC. It may be in the Carnvial records and accessible by your PVP.....but I look forward to hearing from those who have first hand knowledge of this.

BTW......the stock has gone up $4+ since we purchased it less than 3 months ago. You can check out the stock price and history by the symbol CCL for stock quotes.

Hope this was helpful! Happy weekend to all! :)

How many shares do you need to hold, and how much OBC do you get?

100 Shares...

Offer is valid among all CCL owned brands.

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer: $250 USD

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days +: $100 USD

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less: $50 USD

More info see: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

When I took advantage of this offer I contacted my PVP and she dealt with sending the information required to the proper group in Carnival.

All I had to do was send in a statement , in my case my IRA statement, that showed ownership of 100 shares of CCL.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

Research Supervisor

Reservation Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800-438-6744 ext. 70041

Fax 305-406-5882

You simply send them a letter with your booking number ( I include sail date and ship), proof of downpayment and a copy of your latest financial statement showing the ownership of the Carnival stock (100 shares) . You can black everything else out.

I keep a letter saved on the computer and just change date, the booking number, sail date and ship.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

Research Supervisor

Reservation Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800-438-6744 ext. 70041

Fax 305-406-5882

You simply send them a letter with your booking number ( I include sail date and ship), proof of downpayment and a copy of your latest financial statement showing the ownership of the Carnival stock (100 shares) . You can black everything else out.

I keep a letter saved on the computer and just change date, the booking number, sail date and ship.

Dear LHP,

Thanks so much for the detailed information. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I'll print this out and put it with our 'cruise file.' Thanks for taking the time to provide this......you are always helpful with your responses.......and have plenty of experience to base it on!

:)

This perk does not apply just to Carnival Cruises but to all the other cruise lines which CCL owns such as Holland America and Princess as well. It is all explained very clearly at :

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Provide your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (i.e., photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement) and the initial deposit to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected.

Besides the OBC, the stock pays a pretty good dividend.

Lee

This perk does not apply just to Carnival Cruises but to all the other cruise lines which CCL owns such as Holland America and Princess as well. It is all explained very clearly at :

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Provide your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (i.e., photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement) and the initial deposit to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected.

Besides the OBC, the stock pays a pretty good dividend.

Lee

Thanks for adding that. Since we have only cruised Carnival..I have tunnel vision!!! :eek:

Archived