JAZZSEA.....Booking Hotels....

sail7seas

You made a reference in a recent thread to hotelbook.com as a site you use often. I just went there and entered a specific Marriott Hotel looking for a quote and got nothing. Does that site only book with certain hotels/chains? Only ones they contract with?

You made a reference in a recent thread to hotelbook.com as a site you use often. I just went there and entered a specific Marriott Hotel looking for a quote and got nothing. Does that site only book with certain hotels/chains? Only ones they contract with?

THe site appears to be using the Pegasus system (similar to Places To Stay, but a bit more upscale) and I don't believe Marriott propoerties are available to any Pegasus site.

Thanks, Dave. I was looking for 'better hotels' but think it probably best if I go directly to their individual sites. I was interested to check that site out as Jazzsea says she uses it frequently. Perhaps those hotels are the ones she books most frequently?

Thanks, Dave. I was looking for 'better hotels' but think it probably best if I go directly to their individual sites. I was interested to check that site out as Jazzsea says she uses it frequently. Perhaps those hotels are the ones she books most frequently?

That could be since its a limited number of places (~5000) but worldwide it would give you a good collection for a TA to use. I fund Marriott's own site to be most helpful - if I want to go to a major city. I do wish the company would do more in 'off the beaten track' locations, though.

-dave

Thank you, Carol. That would be very generous of you.

We have reserved space w/ HAL but they will not give us a confirmation saying that is the hotel we will be staying at. They reserve the right to substitute with whatever they please. That is not acceptible to us. I am never willing for anyone but us to decide what hotel we shall sleep in....for my money, I stay where I choose not some bean counter.

We still prefer to stay at Marriot Waterside and would book on our own if we could.

Archived