5 things you hate about RC

We have sailed with RCCL for many years (since the 70s) and recently have noticed that one by one, rack of lamb, then filet mignon and, on our last two cruises on the Brilliance in September, lobster tails have all been dropped from the menu. Is this true on other cruise lines also? We miss these special treats!

In addition, the quality of the beef on RCCL seems to have declined.

Lobster Tails :eek:. I wish.

I've just read through 5 pages of ppl bashing the OP for his/her wording.

GET OVER IT.

Answer the question or move on. I think the OP got the point some people didn't like the choice of his/her words. Do we all need to keep saying it?

That said, I love RCI. I can't say I hate anything about it, but things that would be nice would be...

a. To have hot chocolate always available. A lot of the time they were out and ppl working in the WJ just looked at you like you were crazy when you asked for some.

b. Guest Relations was poor sometimes. I understand tho - I would hate that job.

c. I also wish there was a better way in which to disembark. I realize the restrictions and why we can't be in our rooms, but I wish there was another solution is all.

d. Part of me wants a chocolate buffet on every cruise, but I have to admit that I really don't like the chocolate a lot of the time that they serve. Whether it's the chocolate covered strawberries or whatever...sometimes it just tastes..ahem..cheap. Weird, but that's just my opinion.

Part of me wants a chocolate buffet on every cruise, but I have to admit that I really don't like the chocolate a lot of the time that they serve. Whether it's the chocolate covered strawberries or whatever...sometimes it just tastes..ahem..cheap. Weird, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not a chocolate fan so I wouldn't know, but it sure is impressive to see.

buffet.jpg

* I hate when teli-marketers call me after I am in bed

* I hate that Americans are dying everyday in Iraq

* I hate that we can't help all those our own country but still feel the need to help others

* I hate getting up at 5 AM every weekday morning to get to work

* I hate correcting papers

I love Royal Caribbean with all their faults (including their slow internet)

I wish I could trade those hates for Royal Caribbean for one of mine.

I have to agree with the OP on the internet connection speed--it is pathetic (often bordering on useless) and the cost is very high. I really don't mind paying the exorbitant charges IF I know I will be guaranteed a connection and service--even a very slow one--but too often passengers are left waiting for minutes (trying to connect, retrieving an email, or pulling a browser page) with no results while the $$$ add up. The satellite connection is probably completely down for minutes at a time sometimes, but customers are still being charged. As an IT professional who NEEDS internet connectivity, I accept having to pay for slow service, but I don't appreciate paying for NO service--which is often the case. RCI's IT people need to improve this aspect of their service.

Don't worry OP, many of us were able to uderstand you were trying for an attention grabbing headline.....

Anyway, I would say:

1. The website needs help. Sometimes my reservation disappears. I remember someone else who had their cabin changed and RCCL was very unhelpful on getting it put back.

2. I go to school for wine and would like the opportunity to bring aboard those wines not on their list and pay a corkage fee. I wouldn't smuggle, though.

3. Would like to be assured that people not dressed with respect to the dress code (I mean when they say 'no shorts allowed in dining room for dinner, not something 'requested') are offered alternate dining, or that chair hogs are stopped and no kids in adult areas. Just enforce the rules.

4. Would like to have WJ opened (at least some things) 24 hours.

Besides that - I CAN'T WAIT TO CRUISE!!!!!:D

Oh yeah! Doing laundry on a cruise ship! One more thing to add to my list of things I have no desire to do. :)

We were away 26 days, including 15 days and 14 nights on the Radiance. You can wash clothes quickly and without taking away from your cruising and sightseeing. We did it ashore. Perhaps they should have classes in laundry for people that think they can escape it -- for a week, maybe, but not for a month. If you want to take longer vacations, and unless you throw away your dirty clothes or find a Chinese laundry in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific - revise your list!;)

We were away 26 days, including 15 days and 14 nights on the Radiance. You can wash clothes quickly and without taking away from your cruising and sightseeing. We did it ashore. Perhaps they should have classes in laundry for people that think they can escape it -- for a week, maybe, but not for a month. If you want to take longer vacations, and unless you throw away your dirty clothes or find a Chinese laundry in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific - revise your list!;)

I don't have the luxury of being away for 26 days at a time at this stage in my life.

The only thing I really hated was the amount of time I spent standing in lines. Lines to get on the ship, and to get off. Lines to get tickets to the ice show. Lines to get into the ice show. Lines at the dining room, at the midnight buffet, at the Bahamian immigration dog-and-pony show. The Cafe, the ladies room on Deck 5, Guest Relations, the tenders (both ways). On the bright side, I met alot of interesting fellow-passengers this way. :)

An incovenience: no self-serve laundry, at least on Mariner.

Other than that, it was wonderful.

The satellite connection is probably completely down for minutes at a time sometimes, but customers are still being charged.

I find it annoying also especially after being using to broadband speed. Ship speed is like going back to dial up and that's torture. However my experience has been that if you advise Guest Relations of the "down time" they will reimburse or credit you for the minutes you feel were overcharged.

I'm told it's the same for all cruiselines????. I've never used a satelite connection anyplace else so I don't know if this is an RCI technical issue or if it's typical of all satelite internet systems.

Jimmers:)

I don't have the luxury of being away for 26 days at a time at this stage in my life.

One day you will, and you will understand my post better. I understand because not long ago I wouldn't have the luxury either -- and I too would not want to do laundry on my cruises.

Enjoy your cruising!;)

I'm surprised to read so many people are annoyed by the photo ops on board the ship. If it weren't for the occassional picture, you wouldn't know that DH was ever with us. :rolleyes:

I don't have any big complaints. Any trip I take where I don't have to cook or do the dishes is pretty good to me.

Sher

One day you will, and you will understand my post better. I understand because not long ago I wouldn't have the luxury either -- and I too would not want to do laundry on my cruises.

Enjoy your cruising!;)

LOL! If being willing to do laundry on a cruise scored me the opportunity to travel for months at a time, I'd be willing to wear the clothes on my back and wash them every day. :)

LOL! If being willing to do laundry on a cruise scored me the opportunity to travel for months at a time, I'd be willing to wear the clothes on my back and wash them every day. :)

I was thinking something very similar. It is kind funny - you hear a few people go on and on about things like smuggling alcohol (that doesn't affect them at all) - and yet they talk about laundry like it is some terribly offensive thing. :confused: I think lugging a dozen suitcases around is more work than letting a washing machine clean your clothes - of course I do have one of those new-fangled, fancy machines that you just put the clothes in, turn it on, and walk away! ;) :D

As to listing things that you "hate"/would change about RCI - if even one idea leads to a change that would make a cruise better for someone, then this thread has served a purpose. :)

Enjoy your cruising!;)

Actually, I'd rather hope that, when I get to that stage, I'll be secure enough financially that the price to have the cruise staff launder my clothes for me and return them to my room neatly pressed will not be an issue. :D

I find it annoying also especially after being using to broadband speed. Ship speed is like going back to dial up and that's torture. However my experience has been that if you advise Guest Relations of the "down time" they will reimburse or credit you for the minutes you feel were overcharged.

All the more reason to fix it.

Does anyone in IT actually know if high speed satellite is possible at sea, or does RCL really have the best available?

Actually, I'd rather hope that, when I get to that stage, I'll be secure enough financially that the price to have the cruise staff launder my clothes for me and return them to my room neatly pressed will not be an issue. :D

That is what I thought, that someday when I had the money I would have everyone else doing things. Even if you are financially secure, you will find ways to save your pennies (laundry for some, smuggling for others, and shopping at discount stores for others or maybe all the above for the same person). There is never enough money:D And just think, if you save it on doing your own laundry, then you can cruise for yet another month:D .

Linda

That is what I thought, that someday when I had the money I would have everyone else doing things. Even if you are financially secure, you will find ways to save your pennies (laundry for some, smuggling for others, and shopping at discount stores for others or maybe all the above for the same person). There is never enough money:D And just think, if you save it on doing your own laundry, then you can cruise for yet another month:D .

Linda

I couldn't have said it better. :)

I'm quite financially secure to afford the laundry done by the ship. But I've learned to take care of myself. That way my wife and I were able to take a special excursion that may have been the highlight of our whole trip -- and for a day cost as much as many paid for a room for a whole 14-night cruise.

Instead of spitting out your words you hope all will abide by to their deathbeds, consider your priorities, and suggestions from others.:rolleyes:

I was thinking something very similar. It is kind funny - you hear a few people go on and on about things like smuggling alcohol (that doesn't affect them at all) - and yet they talk about laundry like it is some terribly offensive thing. :confused: I think lugging a dozen suitcases around is more work than letting a washing machine clean your clothes - of course I do have one of those new-fangled, fancy machines that you just put the clothes in, turn it on, and walk away! ;) :D

BTW - Another hug.gif to someone who takes me too seriously, as well. I never spoke about laundry like it is a terribly offensive thing, but it is something I've never felt the need to do on a cruise. I might feel differently if I were on a multi-week cruise, but mine have all been 7-nighters, so far, which I can manage quite nicely with one large rolling suitcase. Then I wash the clothes when I get home, in my new-fangled, fancy washing machine. :D

Archived