Christmas Trees

cruisin'bulldog

The mirrors in the cabin reflect the light all over...It is so pretty.

We have a two foot tree that our son puts in his backpack...Yes, I hangs out a bit...But with a red bow on the top of it....Everyone knows what it is....

Never travel without the trees and the lights...

We are going on a 15 day cruise out of Barcelona on Oct 20th...I am taking white lights to go around the mirror.

They have colorfully flowers attached to the white lights...They will make our cabin quaint at night.

You can buy the little Christmas trees everywhere - Pick one up! You will enjoy the atmosphere in your cabin at night..

All the Best!

we always bring a small tree for the desk/vanity area. something easily packed. we also bring stockings and a couple of those static press-on decorations for our balcony window. makes it feel a little more like christmas than 90 degrees would have us believe.

below is an excerpt from a posting i made on a similar topic a couple of weeks ago:

one more xmas cruise story. 2 years ago we were on the 11-exotic NCL Sun xmas cruise. we've checked in and are waiting for the ship to clear for boarding. we notice this family coming in the door.. mom, dad and several kids. two teenage boys are wrangling a box that is bigger than the two of them together. naturally curious, i couldn't stand it and was dying to know what was inside and why they didn't check it with the porters. well, it was my lucky day... they happened to come and sit just across from us. the box was a brand-new 6' (yes, 6 foot) artificial christmas tree.. one of those ones with the individual needles that light on/off and sorta shimmer and glow all around. they were all excited because they were in a suite and wanted a tree for christmas. i can't imagine how they stuffed a 6' tree, 4 kids, 2 parents and all their stuff into their cabin, but more power to them.

have i inspired anyone???

luv2

We were lucky enough to get an upsell to a suite, and they did put a large, artificial Christmas tree in our room. We were wondering what was in the large box outside the door also. We found out when we returned from one of the ports.

christmastreejf1.jpg

We were lucky enough to get an upsell to a suite, and they did put a large, artificial Christmas tree in our room. We were wondering what was in the large box outside the door also. We found out when we returned from one of the ports.

christmastreejf1.jpg

Looks really nice... hopefully we will get one!

When our entire family cruised over Christmas and New Year's, we took a small decorated tree for each balcony cabin. We put a big red velvet bow on the door and lights around the balcony doors. Had a lot of nice comments, especially from the tipsy passengers who used the bow to find their own cabins. ;)

Being from Florida we would go to Dinsey World a few days before Christmas. We would decorate our room (usually in Port Orleans - French Quarter)s and put lights around the window from the inside, but you could see it from the outside. I was always amazed how many people would point it out or watch the fiber optic tree change color. Last year, we decided to do a Christmas cruise instead of the annual Disney trip. We brought the same decorations and made a few more. The new ones were ornaments we made of the different ships we have sailed on. The room looked great and we enjoyed it so much that we are going to do it again on the Pearl! Note: We never left the lights on when we were out of the room. Hint: If you are going to hang lights use 3M Command Hooks or Clips. Easy to remove and no damage to the room!

Decorating your cabin for the holidays helps . . .

CruiseHealing

We will be on the Pearl at Christmas. We love the glow of the Christmas lights in our cabin so much that we wll take them along on all future cruises whatever time of year!

Does anyone know if you can put anything on your cabin door (Pearl)? We could with a magnet on the Zenith, but we were not permitted any door decorations on the Caribbean Princess. Made it hard to find our room!

we were on the sun last christmas in a suite, no tree, the butler did bring us a yummy gingerbread house though. We are on the jewel this christmas in a suite again, hope we get the house, the m&m's on the roof made a great midnight snack :)

What category suite were you in on the Sun? We are in an AA Owner's Suite this Christmas and were hoping to get a tree, so we don't have to haul it on the plane. I was thinking of emailing the ship's coordinator to request it. The gingerbread house would be a great hit with our kids though... hehehe ages 17 and 20! They would absolutely LOVE it!

Robin

They only do X-mas trees in the puplic spaces! I was in the Garden Villa las x-mas and NO X-mas tree!!! I maybe take one this year!

Really? That's VERY unusual--we've been in the GV over the holidays several times and there's always a tree--unless you ask them to remove it. They also give you a gingerbread house as well.

So many people talk about bringing lights for around the mirror or window and small lighted trees, but I'm wondering where you plug these in. I'm not familiar with NCL Star or its sister ships, but cabins (not suites) on most ships have limited 110 outlets. I'd hate to drag all that stuff for 3 cabins and not have anywahere to plug in the lights.

What category suite were you in on the Sun? We are in an AA Owner's Suite this Christmas and were hoping to get a tree, so we don't have to haul it on the plane. I was thinking of emailing the ship's coordinator to request it. The gingerbread house would be a great hit with our kids though... hehehe ages 17 and 20! They would absolutely LOVE it!

Robin

We were in an AD penthouse. The gingerbread house was quite tasty, we kept picking at it all week. My friends had the two owners suites I don't think they got a tree.

Archived