World's Largest Cruise Night - Wednesday 17 October

SandbanksFerry

Anybody know if Celebrity are offering any deals this Wednesday?

Royal Caribbean are offering up to $200 OBC for booking on Wednesday and Carnival and Holland America are also offering special deals.

Can't find any information on Celebrity yet, I have an itinery all lined up but holding off booking in case they offer an additional perk.

I have a TA on the case but wondered if any of you knowledgeable cruisers were in already in the know!

I received an email that stated X was offering $200 OBC + prepaid gratuities.

Prepaid gratuities? That you prepay them to X (no big deal, why part with our money too early?) or that X will pay them for you?

John

what site do you go to on Wednesday to find these bargains and obc's and do they apply to cruises already booked?

Good evening,

Applies to NEW bookings only, made AND deposited ON 17th October.

Most ''bargains''offered by the cruise lines on this , their version of a big ''midnight madness sale'' , are in the form of shipboard credits. I've noticed very little reduction in base fares.

It's actually a good promotion the lines have in support of the travel industry to support efforts to lure newbies and incite repeaters to...do it all over again.

Cheers

:)

Hi Everyone !

I recieved an email from a TA today, and it was not "all" Celebrity sailings. It was mostly Caribbean itineraries, on limited sailing dates. On Royal Caribbean, it seemed to be much less restrictive.

Also, it said any onboard Credits given on this promotion cannot be used with any other coupons or offers (such as shareholder credits or previous booking onboard vouchers). Not that it's a bad deal at all.... but it looks like one of those deals where it would be prudent to read the fine print to avoid any confusion.

For those that can take advantage of this offer... Enjoy !

Celebrity WLCN Sale Offer

Offer Valid 10/17/07-10/19/07

New Bookings ONLY

Receive up to $ 200 Onboard Credit per stateroom on select sailings plus receive PRE-PAID* Gratuities!

- $ 200 Onboard Credit for sailings 9+ nts.

- $ 100 Onboard Credit for sailings 6-8 nts.

- $ 50 Onboard Credit for sailings 4-5 nts.

* Minimum cabin cost applies. Applicable for first two passengers in cabin.

Applicable sailings:

Caribbean

Millennium- 7 nt. E. Caribbean

Sailing Dates: 12/16/07- 4/13/08

Summit- 7 nt. S. Caribbean

Sailing Dates: 1/19/08-3/22/08

Century- 4 & 5 nt. W. Caribbean

Sailing Dates: 12/20/07- 4/24/08

Galaxy- 10 & 11 nt. S. Caribbean

Sailing Dates: 1/4/08 - 4/7/08

Galaxy- 13 nt. S. Caribbean

Sailing Date: 12/20/07

Alaska:

Infinity- 7 nt. Hubbard Glacier

Sailing Dates: 5/9/08 -6/27/08

Mercury- 7 nt. Hubbard Glacier

Sailing Dates: 5/11/08 -6/29/08

Exotic:

Mercury- 12 nt. Hawaii

Sailing Date: 3/16/08

Summit- 15 nt. Hawaii

Sailing Date: 12/21/07

Infinity- 13 to 15 nt. S. America

Sailing Dates: 11/25/07- 3/30/08

Europe:

Constellation- 9 nt. Scotland & Ireland

Sailing Date: 4/24/08

Constellation- 14 nt. Scandinavia & Russia

Sailing Dates: 5/3, 5/17, 5/31, 6/14, 6/28/08

Galaxy- 10 & 11 nt. E. Mediterranean

Sailing Dates: 6/9, 6/20, 6/30/08

Century- 5 nt. Scandinavia

Sailing Date: 5/12/08

Century- 12 nt. Scotland & Ireland

Sailing Dates: 5/17/08, 5/29/08

Century- 12 nt. Scandinavia & Russia

Sailing Dates: 6/10/08 and 6/22/08

Not combinable with any other discount or promotion. Not combinable with Groups

Be very careful if you book with CruCon. I used them for a Tahiti trip in March and was very disappointed. In fact, they offered the Sky Suite/Business class air Century trip I leave on this week, for about $5K per person, and if I hadn't found another TA to book it for me I would not have gone at all, rather than use CruCon again. Terrible customer service and once they get your credit card number they won't lift a finger for you. I had horrid last minute passport problems and needed to make a very minor switch to get to LA 2 days early to go stand in line at the passport office--they blatantly just said, nope, can't/won't help you--it's your own fault; which, in point of fact, it was NOT! What did they care--I'd paid, it was 5 days before sailing and non-refundable--luckily Delta was happy to let us leave 2 days early for $100/pp--after 6 hours on the phone. You can find someone who is actually looking out for your best interests without having to use CruCon:mad:

Cathy

Hi Everyone !

I recieved an email from a TA today, and it was not "all" Celebrity sailings. It was mostly Caribbean itineraries, on limited sailing dates. On Royal Caribbean, it seemed to be much less restrictive.

Also, it said any onboard Credits given on this promotion cannot be used with any other coupons or offers (such as shareholder credits or previous booking onboard vouchers). Not that it's a bad deal at all.... but it looks like one of those deals where it would be prudent to read the fine print to avoid any confusion.

For those that can take advantage of this offer... Enjoy !

Good evening, Andy,

This seems to be the ''norm ''of all the ''deals''offered by the lines for that WLCN session...Shipboard credits.

However, I may be wrong but I think stockholder's OBCs are not impacted by this promotion, at least with the RCL brands. I'm almost 100% certain that they WOULD be on CCL's brands ships. My opinion.

Cheers

:)

Thanks for your helpful replies

It looks like the X promotion won't apply to the sailing I intend to book, a 12 night New Zealand/Australia itinery

Shame X aren't following RCI's lead and offering a blanket OBC for all itineries booked tomorrow.

As we aren't stockholders and this would be a first time cruise for us on Celebrity then this would have been a good extra perk.

Oh well never mind...

The Wed sale fine print IS very restrictive. For RCL and CEL it is combinable with nothing...

I've spent more time reading the fine print in all the cruiselines promo pieces, than the actual promos themselves.

The Celebrity promo is obc the amoun depending upon the length of the cruise and reduced deposits.

Please don't refer to a particularly agencies promo piece.

Archived