First Cruise - 2 rooms with kids? Help.

rithan11

Cruising on the Freedom out of Miami on 11/17. I have five in my family, so we booked two rooms. The first room has my wife and my daughter, and the second room is me and my two sons.

I just found out we are on separate floors! I want to be in the same room as my wife and have the kids right by us! That is what I thought we were going to have. The age of the kids is not an issue. Two teenagers and a 10 year old...

I have emailed the guy who made my reservation and I hope he will be helpful.

Any advice? Someone specific to talk to about this?

Once I get this situation settled, I plan to read through all of the posts and get excited about this cruise!!

rithan11

Georgia

If you booked a guarantee, then they put you where they want to put you. If you selected cabins, then they need to jump through hoops to put you together even if that means a free upgrade IMO. Call CCL about it. Even if you booked a guarantee, they know there are 5 of you cruising together so I thought they always take that into account when selecting your rooms(s). I would be ticked about being separated but then again, if I needed 2 rooms side by side, I would book those specific rooms.

Yukon is right on the money! The only extra advice I'd give you is to call Carnival right away. Don't wait for someone to check their email--they might be off today. When you call, if your PVP isnt available ask to speak to a supervisor.

Good luck and welcome to Cruise Critic!

As stated above, IF you booked regular cabins and NOT guar cabins, call today and speak with a supervisor. I would not wait at all as each hour passes so do the number of cabins sold. They should place you back into the cabins you had booked or upgrade you! IF however you did book guar, they do not have to place you on the same deck but maybe, if you call and plead your case, they may find 2 guar cabins close to one another on the same deck. That is why the guar rate is like playing the lotto...you just never know how it may turn out. Best of luck. Let us know what happens and enjoy your cruise.

I have emailed the guy who made my reservation and I hope he will be helpful.

Any advice? Someone specific to talk to about this?

rithan11

Georgia

What "guy" made the reservation? A travel agent? If it were me, I would forget about the email and make a phone call, asap!! If you need two rooms together you need to talk to someone now, not wait for someone to respond to your email!!

Archived