Any scuba opportunities in the Mediterranean?

TrqoisWtrs

I'm trying to talk my husband into a cruise next year in the Mediterranean. It would help if there could be a chance he could dive. Anything available around our stops?

Italy: Rome, Naples, Venice, Messina Sicily, Livorno

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Barcelona, Spain

Cannes, France.

Thanks for any help.

I'm trying to talk my husband into a cruise next year in the Mediterranean. It would help if there could be a chance he could dive. Anything available around our stops?

Italy: Rome, Naples, Venice, Messina Sicily, Livorno

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Barcelona, Spain

Cannes, France.

Thanks for any help.

I can comment on Barcelona, Spain. Nothing in town. I had to go up the coast 1 hour to Costa Brava (found a small dive shop in a coastal village). Nothing to write home about, rocks, some brown fish, met some great locals. On a cruise, I'd think this is outside your window of opportunity (I was there for a week long conference - going to Barcelona for this year's conference on Saturday).

Randall

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered the east med cruise. I went on a cruise out of Venice that hit Croatia, Turkey and Greece. There may be more dive oportunites in those locations. I always look up cities on the PADI site to see if any of the dive shops have websites to see what is available there. I just met a diver from Poland who dives regularly in Croatia and Greece, he said there is alot to see.

Good luck

I lived on the island of Crete for three years, and also crewed a 54' motor sailer around much of the Med. The diving around the smaller islands in the Med, both west and east is actually pretty good, however around the mainlands, France, Italy, northern Sicily, and even parts of mailand Greece can really be iffy. If I were to book a cruise in the Med, it would the eastern end, Turkey, and the southern Greek islands, Paros, Naxos, Santorini, Crete, Ios etc. Water clarity can be excellent, sealife plentiful, but rock, rather than coral reefs.

Archived