smoking ??

Cshell5

:D Well let me post my stupid stuff just like everyone else after post 3 just so I can get my post count up there. I know this thread gets poofed and the count goes back down. But yep you can smoke in your cabin. And technically there is no policy stating that you have to keep your door closed. Just don't walkout the door with your cig lit. Happy cruising and puffing whichever the case may be.

I personally do not smoke and I believe if you want to smoke that is your personal thing to do. After just getting off a cruise where the people in the cabin across the hall smoked all the time--it seem out into the hall and into our room. The time I spent in my room was spent stuffed up with water eyes. I think it would be kind and thoughtful of smokers to take it up to a deck where the breeze can blow the smell away! Thank you in advance for thinking of your fellow passenger, as I know you will!:)

And I think I'll take cheese on my popcorn;) !

I think it would be kind and thoughtful of smokers to take it up to a deck where the breeze can blow the smell away!

Oh great, now the Dolphins will get hooked on smoking :confused:

Fred, I have a whole box and I'm willing to share some with you but it's the 94% fat free kind.

Thanks Sandi, you are always there for me, but I need BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER !!!

Fred

Is cigar smoking allowed in the cabins? I was walking down the hall on deck 6 of the Conquest last week and a lady was bitching at one of the stewards saying she was sure someone was smoking in their cabin instead of on the balcony. I knew she was talking about cigars because I could smell it as I walked by. I didn't slow down to hear the answer she was given.

but do remember that you can't open your door and allow the smoke into the hallways.

Hallways are all non-smoking to protect children in the area.

I can and I have out on the balcony with both doors open.

Hallways are non-smoking to protect the children? Okay.....:rolleyes:

I don't know if this link will work....this is from a Caper...

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1100951421046255263lAhbsw

It states that Cigar smoking is ONLY (in big letters) allowed in certain places.

Whatever that means....

That means its not allowed in the cabins also. It states its ONLY allowed in that lounge, Starboard side and open decks.

I wonder whats the difference between Cigs and Cigars?

Fred

I can and I have out on the balcony with both doors open.

Hallways are non-smoking to protect the children? Okay.....:rolleyes:

What I meant by that is that there is never smoking allowed where the children are.

If Camp Carnival is holding an "event" in the Disco (even though it is a designated smoking area) there is no smoking allowed in there when children are present.

That is why all the designated interior smoking areas are places where children "should not be".

Hence why hallways, elevators, public restrooms etc are non-smoking.

That means its not allowed in the cabins also. It states its ONLY allowed in that lounge, Starboard side and open decks.

I wonder whats the difference between Cigs and Cigars?

Fred

I would imagine because the Cigars are so much stronger in odor.

I have often wondered why cigars and cigarettes stink so badly and my Dad's pipe always smelled so good?

How is that possible using the same basic ingredient...tobacco????

What I meant by that is that there is never smoking allowed where the children are...That is why all the designated interior smoking areas are places where children "should not be".

Hence why hallways, elevators, public restrooms etc are non-smoking.

huh? every high rise office bldg has no smoking in its elevators, and it isn't b/c kids work there, lol.

and, kids are not prohibited from entering the piano bar, which is usually one of the smokiest places you wld ever find on a ship.

now, taking a kid there, when it's filled w/ pax who are smoking is a whole 'nother matter (not a wise choice). but, the point is, i do not believe it's off limits to minor guests.

huh? every high rise office bldg has no smoking in its elevators, and it isn't b/c kids work there, lol.

and, kids are not prohibited from entering the piano bar, which is usually one of the smokiest places you wld ever find on a ship.

now, taking a kid there, when it's filled w/ pax who are smoking is a whole 'nother matter (not a wise choice). but, the point is, i do not believe it's off limits to minor guests.

Sorry I did not mean to imply it was off limits. It is not. Carnival simply attempts to protect exposure to children by placing the interior designated smoking areas where children "logically should not be". If their parents elect to subject their children to that in the bars, than (at least for now) that is still their right.

Where elevators are concerned, I am not talking about "the world" in general...I am talking about Carnival. (hence why we are on a Carnival forum)

I suspect they are non-smoking for other reasons...

When the designated smoking areas were first discussed at corporate, the "easiest rule of thumb" was basically where will children not be when inside the ship.

Of course, that was not corporates only consideration. They were thinking of their non-smoking guests as well. But using the logic of where children would be....was a good one. (hence why even designated smoking areas are non smoking when Camp Carnival is using that spot)

...Where elevators are concerned, I am not talking about "the world" in general...I am talking about Carnival. (hence why we are on a Carnival forum)

huh, lol? the elevator in an office bldg was used as an example only. but, okay...

i highly doubt that CCL prohibits smoking in elevators solely b/c children are expected to be in it.

rather, smoking in all elevators is prohibited for fire and safety reasons, NOT b/c there is a chance that johnny will breathe second hand smoke.

your argument is counterintuitive. smoking is permitted in cabins. children...are in cabins.:)

Archived